Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1988 1.7 340 gle saloon for sale

Views : 2329

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2017, 12:22   #1
Harps18TV

Default 1988 1.7 340 gle saloon for sale

I know that I am going to regret selling the car, but I am finding the steering a bit heavy as I`m a bit of an old git with an iffy shoulder! My wife also struggles a bit parking the car.
Apart from that, it really is a great car in very clean, original, unwelded condition, having covered just under 66K miles. The dark grey (gunmetal?) paintwork is still in good condition with a few chips if you look closely. Interior is very good with black leather upholstery electric windows to the front only & a manual sun roof.
Engine compartment is in tidy condition, but not polished - I`m not a cotton bud person!
I bought this last year from the original owner & have converted a new hatch tow bar (unused!) got the central locking working & replaced the door handle seals. (thanks Mac!!!)
The car is in Harwich Essex. CO123RX.
If you are interested at all, Let me know & I can send you some photos taken 20.06.17.
I am asking £2500 & appreciate that I may just have to keep it! I intend to still use the car on odd occasions & may even change my mind about getting rid of it!
MOT`d until 27th November & taxed to end of October after that it will be sorned until Spring next year.

Last edited by Harps18TV; Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Forgot some essentials.
Harps18TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 20:48   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I know of a complete power steering setup for sale you could get a garage to fit it and then you don't need to worry about the heavy steering
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 20:59   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harps18TV View Post
I know that I am going to regret selling the car, but I am finding the steering a bit heavy as I`m a bit of an old git with an iffy shoulder! My wife also struggles a bit parking the car.
Apart from that, it really is a great car in very clean, original, unwelded condition, having covered just under 66K miles. The dark grey (gunmetal?) paintwork is still in good condition with a few chips if you look closely. Interior is very good with black leather upholstery electric windows to the front only & a manual sun roof.
Engine compartment is in tidy condition, but not polished - I`m not a cotton bud person!
I bought this last year from the original owner & have converted a new hatch tow bar (unused!) got the central locking working & replaced the door handle seals. (thanks Mac!!!)
The car is in Harwich Essex. CO123RX.
If you are interested at all, Let me know & I can send you some photos taken 20.06.17.
I am asking £2500 & appreciate that I may just have to keep it! I intend to still use the car on odd occasions & may even change my mind about getting rid of it!
MOT`d until 27th November & taxed to end of October after that it will be sorned until Spring next year.
Once you fit some new front tyres and pump to 35 psi your steering should be quite reasonable .
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:08   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
I know of a complete power steering setup for sale you could get a garage to fit it and then you don't need to worry about the heavy steering
I've got a rack so far , the steering column will be a problem to find .
Old Jun 21st, 2017, 07:09   #5
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I've got a rack so far , the steering column will be a problem to find .
It is a car being broken that has a full p/s setup
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 16:19   #6
Harps18TV

Thanks for your suggestions chaps - I will bear them in mind if I end up keeping the car. I did know that a power steering set up could be fitted if you could get it.
I will certainly give the front tyres a bit more pressure to see it that is enough to take the edge off the heaving at parking speeds!
I will see if there is any interest in the car for a start as I don`t really want to spend loads on it.
I think these cars are very under rated & are a lot of car for the money when you look at other "classics". I had originally been looking for a Morris minor, but they are silly prices even for a "project" & nowhere near as comfortable.
I have advertised the car on Gumtree if you want to see what it`s like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harps18TV For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 3rd, 2017, 18:23   #7
Harps18TV

The car has now been sold.