Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

W reg Manual T5 C70 Coupe

Views : 2529

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 21st, 2017, 22:07   #1
T5Sweep
Master Member

Default W reg Manual T5 C70 Coupe

I swapped this earlier in the year for a Clio Sport, I thought I'd done quite well out of the deal, however it soon became apparent that wasn't the case!
It's a dark blue, manual, T5 coupe, with 98k on the clock, very tidy inside bar a couple of marks on the dash, the wood work has a few marks and would benefit from being changed, however it is a nice place to sit regardless. Also comes with the magical pull-out arm rest cupholders!

Exterior is pretty tatty, paintwork is not in the best shape, I had good intentions on doing some correction work but there's some issues that are beyond the help of my detailing abilities. There's two tiny patches of surface rust on both rear arches, I'm talking 4mm wide by 15mm long. There are 4 marks on the roof where what I assume was a roof rack had rubbed the lacquer, I'd say that could be put right with a light cut. Plenty of scratches here and there too.

It drives nicely, however there are two potentially big issues that need attention, unfortunately I'm not in the financial position to put these right, as from what I can gather they could be expensive fixes.
The main one is a knocking from up front when changing gear or loading up/coming off the throttle, all mounts look good and I changed the lower torque mount for a piece of mind, I'd shoot at either driveshaft or DMF, I hope it's not the flywheel though!
The other issue is an intermittent one, and a common one with these ME7 cars, I think the ETM is on its last legs. If I only do a trip to work and back in a day, it's fine, however if I stop somewhere, when you fire it back up, it occasionally acts up when you come off the throttle, it's difficult to describe but feels like the throttle has literally snapped shut instead of progressively slowing down.

It's been lowered a little, I'd guess 40mm, and has the stock wheels painted really badly in a satin black, I'm going to swap some tyres around soon as the fronts are getting low so there'll be a decent amount of tread left all around.

Just flew through an MOT too.

I don't know much about it other than that!

Not really sure what to ask, I know the rarity of manual T5 coupes despite the issues. Ideally I'd like back what I paid for the Clio which is £1300, but I'm obviously open to offers.

I'll get some pictures posted this weekend, it's in dyer need of a clean!

Any questions let me know,

Thanks,
Ben.
T5Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 11:36   #2
T5Sweep
Master Member

I'm open to some wild offers on this, could do with getting rid!
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 08:52   #3
T5Sweep
Master Member

This needs to go, hoping to get it cleaned and post some pictures on Saturday. I'd take £600 just to get it off the drive.
Ben
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 14:50   #4
tommy t4
Premier Member

Pictures dude.....
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 09:56   #5
T5Sweep
Master Member

Pictures will be up tonight.
Considering breaking it as I feel it'll be worth more in bits, but we shall see.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 19:54   #6
T5Sweep
Master Member

Any other pictures needed then give me a shout.

Last edited by T5Sweep; Feb 22nd, 2018 at 20:03.
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 21:11   #7
rogerb
Lets take it to bits

I have sent you a PM.
As I may be interested in the car.
Roger
rogerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 13:55   #8
T5Sweep
Master Member

Still for sale.