Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted - Amazon 4 Door or Station Wagon!

Views : 1015

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 7th, 2014, 20:58   #1
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default Wanted - Amazon 4 Door or Station Wagon!

Hi Volvo Community!

Well...... After a week of chasing adds, dead numbers, expired posts and various tips. I have come to the conclusion that the right car is not going to be an easy find! We had this when looking for our Airstream Caravan, took just shy of three years to find one in the UK that was worth buying.

Having decided that we are missing a Volvo in our family after selling our much loved Matilda ('88 245 GL), we would like another, but older!

We are not too fussy, but do want the right car. It’s going to be a daily driver, mix of Motorway and A-Road, so it will have to do everything our last one did and having talked the Mrs out of getting Moggy Minor..... Yes, really..... She has the classic itch but that’s just silly with the Wood and Rear Seat belt mounting point to consider for a start and that's before I explain that it would struggle to do over 50mph without a serious transplant and overhauling.

Cars sought? Any Age, Engine and Colour Combo, but Grey, Light Blue or Dark Green preferred and get real attention from the lady. O/D would be nice to but it's not a deal breaker.
4 Door Saloon, RHD, Manual, Clean and Original. Price? 4 to 6k
5 Door Station Wagon, RHD, Maunal, Clean and Original. Price 3 to 7k
Prices are a guide, would look at spending more for exceptional examples.

Some issues will be expected and weekend tinkering would be OK, just not EVERY Weekend. Have a MK2 Golf, Chevy Suburban and VW Bus to share time between already.

So, over to you the Volvo Community, any chance of some help? Assistance? Point in the right Direction?
UKVolvoNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:31   #2
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default Some Nice Ideas so far.......

Hi, Thanks to all that have contacted so far with great and interesting ideas and suggestions. Seems to be a very tight community for the old Volvo's! Can't say I blame you.

I have left some of you visitor messages, as I'm a little new on the forum to reply to Direct Mails and Private Mails.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:25   #3
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default Sorted now!

Thanks to a super helpful forum member, we have found a Estate!
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 15:32   #4
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

Excellent! It amazes me - I was looking for an estate for YONKS and I keep hearing of people, like you, who find them even though they haven't been advertised!!
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swedishandgerman For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 10:23   #5
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default Indeed.

Honestly, right place right time. I had the same when I was looking for an Airstream Caravan for the home office. 3 Years..... I was at the point of contacting owners in the US and in the process of buying a Pickup Truck out there to collect it and deliver it once it was back in the UK, then BOOM! One is Sailsbury, perfect, bought a HUGE Diesel Suburban here in the UK and collected/towed it home (an expiriance at 60+ feet combined!) and now I'm sorted, but that was 3 years!

Dont give up, Me placing a post on here was in all honesty desperation as I needed, wanted, had to have one..... I missed others buy hours/days, ones advertised not coming back to me, dead numbers, working out if we could live with a left hooker from the US or Holland Imported one. But a really nice chap from here gave us a good steer and the rest is history.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 12:41   #6
V8brick

Mmm airstreams are class!
Did you get it from the blonde lady who restores them by any chance?
Always wanted one will never have funding till house sold!
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 21:59   #7
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

An Airstream as an office... Now that's got my stupid little mind working..
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 19:34   #8
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default Airstream.....

I'll take a pic of it tomorrow. but for now you can see the arrival of it.

Bought it from a Stone Mason in Sailsbury, of all places..... the blonde that restores them wanted to sell me one but it was WAAAAAY to much, this one was so cheap it was almost 5 finger cheap, still cost enough to get a rather spiffing Amazon though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (2).jpg (196.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by UKVolvoNut; Feb 25th, 2014 at 19:38. Reason: Pic of Airstream coming home!
The Following User Says Thank You to UKVolvoNut For This Useful Post: