Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196320

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 20th, 2017, 13:43   #251
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller11 View Post
Hello CKI,

Just out of curiosity are you able to offer Green Card Insurance for up to 90 Days for Morocco, providing that the vehicle owner currently has a fully comp policy with you?

The vehicle by the way is an XC70 D5 SE first registered in 2010.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Hi, Green Card is the old term for driving abroad but policies tend to restrict the cover to European countries in the EU and the EEA plus Switzerland and Serbia. Morocco, being in Africa, doesn't qualify I'm afraid.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 19:13   #252
Traveller11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Hi, Green Card is the old term for driving abroad but policies tend to restrict the cover to European countries in the EU and the EEA plus Switzerland and Serbia. Morocco, being in Africa, doesn't qualify I'm afraid.
Well the good news is for me that the 'old term' as you call it is still relevant while we are currently on our way to Morocco for a 90 day tour with the caravan following behind, while our insurance companies Green Card duly paid for, authorised and issued, sits in the glove compartment.

Morocco being in Africa did qualify from our professional 5 Star De-Facto rated insurers.
Traveller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traveller11 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 19:29   #253
pookie
Premier Member

I will be with Footman James this coming year. I've found CK to be a total waste of space.

Salut!

Pookie
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 06:06   #254
triumphjon

weve been insured through chris knott for around 4 years having three cars all on seperate policies , earlier this year i cut the fleet down to just two cars , let one policy lapse , however i aquired an S40 seT a month or so back the quote from chris knott was three times higher than i currently pay for a 3 ltr V90 & a qoute i obtained from a comparison site ! so not sure were actually saving at all
triumphjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 21:57   #255
Pete940
Ideal Volvo

Location seems to be a big factor. Chris Knott had the best prices when I was in Glasgow. I was very happy with the service. Now I'm in Manchester, they can't compete.
I had my second car with footman James but after 1 year they applied a big "insurance premium tax".
Pete940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 23:17   #256
pookie
Premier Member

I've taken the time to re-read this entire thread, I was the first poster #2. Now I do realise that people who are happy do not comment as much as people who are unhappy. This thread shows me that there are an awful lot of Volvo owners who are really unhappy with Chris Knott. It took Chris Knott 15 MONTHS to reply to my post#2 , post #121. My last attempt to get a quote, I was just wasting my time.
Fortunately there are other underwriters who are quite happy to take my business. Why oh why is Chris Knott in it's position as club insurer seemingly unaware of these underwriters? If it is aware of these underwriters then why are they club insurers? Perhaps the board could have meaningful discussions with say, Footman James who had no problem with my insurance requirements.

Salut!

Pookie
Old Nov 24th, 2017, 10:34   #257
Urban Spaceman

Hi,

Im new to the OC and Forum.
What is Chris Knott like on European breakdown cover.
I have a 54 plate XC70 D5 SE lux, can't bare to part with it but am now starting to struggle for this type of cover.

Cheers
Urban Spaceman
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 16:35   #258
V40DSchariot
Master Member

Disappointment from both CK and FJ. Been with CK for around 3yrs and always more expensive so have to call them up, get proof, blah,blah. Same scenario this year, £80 more expensive x 2 policies and on wasting my time calling them to be told they can't get anywhere near it. So rang FJ, but they can only offer insurance of a combined mileage of 5000miles, what f***ing planet are they living on!? A 2003 V40 DS as a daily driver and a 2000 S40 T4 daily/fun drive depending on circumstances.
Why are these companies getting touted as for car clubs when they obviously can't compete?
V40DSchariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 20:52   #259
Drivetest

Question on Insurance if someone bumps me in my company car their fault 100% & settled.Do I have to declare this accident on my own private car insurance.I have been told to do this and have done .Which is not right as it's completely different car and policy.
Feel sorry for Police Drivers .

cheers
Drivetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 11:25   #260
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivetest View Post
Question on Insurance if someone bumps me in my company car their fault 100% & settled.Do I have to declare this accident on my own private car insurance.I have been told to do this and have done .Which is not right as it's completely different car and policy.
Feel sorry for Police Drivers .

cheers
You'll probably be asked at quote stage something like "Have you had any accidents or claims in the last x years, regardless of fault?".

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote