Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 Right Headlight out

Views : 650

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2015, 02:47   #1
Malbone

Default 240 Right Headlight out

I've searched the other Headlight posts on the site, but haven't found this particular problem. After successfully repairing my odometer gear, I made the mistake of trying to replace the 9004 headlight bulbs, which I've done many times before. After doing so, the left headlight (hi and low beams) worked well, but the right headlight doesn't work at all. I examined the wiring harness and found that the wires were loose and the terminal grippers had receded into the socket housing. I pushed them back and put in a short extension cable so I could make sure the grippers connected. It still doesn't work. The bulb filaments are intact and using a different bulb makes no difference.

From what I can tell, the relays can't be the source of the problem because they affect both headlights equally. Is that true? Any other ideas? I'm open to replacing the bulb socket if that's the problem, but I really don't want to get into cutting off the socket and soldering wires unless it's really necessary. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Malbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2015, 04:49   #2
Malbone

Default Sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum ...

I've reposted it in 200 General.
Malbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
240, bulb, headlight, wiring