Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delayed

Views : 19523

Replies : 178

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2010, 00:58   #21
Staxigoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staxigoe View Post
No extra's yet Teejay, its a company car so add nothing to the invoice, keeps the P11D value down and the scum, oops, the accounts department happy, first service normally costs a couple of grand though LOL
Sorry to anyone in accounts, should not have been so abrasive as to calling them scum, they are human after all, just, LOL.
As to extra's, SE is well equipped but I can sort out a style pack 1, mudflaps, tinted windows, towbar and various boot accesories, had to order metallic paint up front (sorted Dellsonic), so will be taxed on that for 4 years, hope nobody scratches it.

Last edited by Staxigoe; May 9th, 2010 at 01:05.
Staxigoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:47   #22
ladywotlunches

bad news - after hearing about the delays here, I put in a call on Saturday to my dealer. Salesman was off then but I got a 2 line email today confirming a delivery date of 28th August.

Which is a 6 month wait - as we reserved our build slot on 3rd March! Also for the D3, so it would appear that the new engine is causing the delay.

Really rubbish service from Volvo, but also from the dealer, in my opinion.

Anyone else been given more of a reason for this delay yet?
ladywotlunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:28   #23
VolvoXc60

I really really hope the cause is the vacation in July that is the reason for the delay and not the D3 engine. I think there has been ordered a lot of XC60 and they can only produce as many they can.

But again, the new D3 is still the same downgraded D5 only with a lack of a turbo. How hard can it be?
VolvoXc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:36   #24
ladywotlunches

I hope so too - but it sounds from the straw poll on this thread that those orders not delayed are not D3 engines, and the ones that have been told so far are the new D3.

Here's an idea - to reduce the backlog, why don't Volvo just fulfill the existing orders with the 2.4 drivE engine? Happiness all round then.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:48   #25
VolvoXc60

Sounds like it could be the DRIVe engine delaying this? Can anyone that got the delay confirm what kind you are getting? Thanks.

My engine is the D3 2,4D 163hp 420nm (AWD). No delays here yet.
VolvoXc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:50   #26
ladywotlunches

Mine is the DrivE
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:35   #27
richsim

I ordered a D5 SE LUX on 20th April, I have just been given late August as the delivery date, although the dealer tells me they have just got an email from Volvo saying they are trying to bring it forward from this date!
richsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:58   #28
GrahamTB

I waited for the FWD version to be available and was going to order the D3FWD as it was more fuel efficient. Then I saw the MY11 specification with only 1.1 MPG difference (combined) on the Auto. As a result I ordered the D5 AWD.

My D5 AWD auto SE LUX Premium was ordered mid April. Delivery has just been confirmed towards the end of June. Fingers crossed!

As I have said earlier, delivery would have been delayed if I wanted the new 18" wheels.
GrahamTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 16:24   #29
Chinese taxi

Default Call me suspicious

I placed my original order for a 2.4 drive in mif March and was given a provisional delivery date of late April. I was then called a few weeks later to be told my 'slot' was no longer available due to discontinued 2.4 option.
I couldn't help thinking that if another customer ordering a top spec T6 (£10k more) wanted that slot, the dealer would take his chances and disappoint the lower spender ?! Call me suspicious.

Then they inform me the spec has all changed and they have no details (back then) and my delivery will be mid - late June. OK, they will honour the fiscal deal, I have a 3 month wait and they get a 3 month older trade in car.

I called last Friday (6th) for a delivery date, but alas no call back. Just called again and waiting call back ! I hope no more delays, this is poor customer service, but what are our options ?
Pull out of deal - Look for a second hand XC60
(By the way, the Audi Q5 cross over delivery is December !)

XC60
D3 Drive
R-Design
Red
Audio / sat-nav pack
Chinese taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 16:28   #30
Daleman
Master Member

Default Extra MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamTB View Post
I waited for the FWD version to be available and was going to order the D3FWD as it was more fuel efficient. Then I saw the MY11 specification with only 1.1 MPG difference (combined) on the Auto. As a result I ordered the D5 AWD.

My D5 AWD auto SE LUX Premium was ordered mid April. Delivery has just ben confirmed towards the end of June. Fingers crossed!

As I have said earlier, delivery would have been delayed if I wanted the new 18" wheels.
Yes in theory that 1.1mpg difference between the D3 auto and the D5 Auto seems very little and going for the D5 does seem a sensible way to go.

But I think most of Volvos claimed fuel consumption figures are a work of fiction with real life figures being significantly less than claimed .

Current D5 autos seem to be lucky to turn in much more than 35mpg.

The model year 2011 D5 is supposed to be more economical but I will believe it when we get some real life owner figures .

The other approach is if you don’t need the extra D5 performance or all wheel drive put the £2500 extra you pay for the D5 towards paying for the extra fuel you are going to use and make that gap of 1.1mpg into a 10+ MPG increase in MPG over 80000 miles. Because that’s what the sums work out at or a 20MPG saving over the next 40,000 miles.

Yes that’s equal to getting the equivalent of at least 55-60 MPG out of your D3 XC60 auto over 40000 miles.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote