Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ttv and 850r clutch problem!

Views : 1439

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2015, 15:08   #11
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Ttv

TTV are a very well respected engineering company who make a wide range of flywheels that are generally sold by firms such as mine and not directly.

It is therefore not correct to assert that they do not offer any guidance as it is really up to those of us that retail them in the first place, plus TTV make a lot of flywheels to their trade customers' requirement /drawings not knowing exactly to which vehicles, model etc they are intended to fit.

TTV make three different flywheels for me that are simple, direct replacements for specific single or dual mass flywheels in either the M56 or M66 gearboxes and one to mate with an AP Racing clutch kit.

If you have bought the one in question, used, without checking exactly what it was made for you are pretty much on your own and may well have to adjust, shim or bodge even get re machined to get it to mate with your car's particular transmission, or even buy another clutch/bearing for which it may have been originally intended.

Don.

PS. if you remove this TTV flywheel and take measurements side by side with your original of the heights of all mating surfaces you may be able to shim or machine correctly, but you may still have to resolve the question of them being made to work with entirely different clutch kits.......

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by don kalmar union; May 8th, 2015 at 15:20. Reason: PS
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2015, 15:11   #12
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Ive bleeded them in the past by removing the slave. Putting a couple of cable ties over the piston to hold it in place. Then bringing the slave cylinder up high and bleeding it that way with an assistant.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2015, 17:21   #13
barkster1971
VOC Member

Default which one

Is it defintely for the b230 to match the 850r clutch?

Volvo B230 Lite to 850R Clutch can only be used with M90 Gearbox

The M90 pivot ball needs to be spaced out by about 5mm to make the clutch operate as normal. Alternatively you can make a longer slave pushrod (+20mm).
That's from their website.
Old May 8th, 2015, 20:04   #14
Cromlech

Mine ended up needing the washers on the pivot, as well as a pushrod extension.
Cromlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:26   #15
Adam940

Thanks for all your replys guys!
Pivot point is spaced with washers, rod extended now gonna have another go at bleeding the slave. As like i said the piston doesnt come to the end of the slave cylinder when the clutch is fully depressed and im sure it must do, probaly has 15mm till the piston hits the circlip!
Will update when i know more many thanks!

Last edited by Adam940; May 9th, 2015 at 09:33.
Adam940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 20:54   #16
Adam940

Had another play tonight and bled the slave clylinder as suggested and still no better, im thinking that the master cylinder is leaking internally and passing fluid back into the resivour once the pressure plate gets to a certian tention, as the piston doesnt come fully out the slave as ive said before.
Before i did this clutch upgrade the cars biting point was right to the floor and sometimes if not fully depressed you couldnt engauge a gear.
Is there a way to test the master cylinder? Many thanks as always guys love your feedback.
Old May 9th, 2015, 21:54   #17
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Mine was a bit of a pain to bleed. It could be that you have got air trapped in the master cylinder. I think if you carefully squeeze the slave cylinder a bit you can push fluid and any air out through the master cylinder sometimes.

Have you got any other problems with the pedal perhaps ? It should sit slightly higher then brake pedal at rest. If for some reason it isn't you won't be getting full pedal travel.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 09:40   #18
Adam940

Quick update guys bled the clutch and brakes till they were good, left a bar on the clutch pedal overnight to like an old wise man once told me. Got in it and the clutch worked perfect..... For abit then went back to how it was before. Opened the bonnet to find fluid had escaped from the top of the resivour! So i removed the cap, applied the clutch and the fluid does rise ever so slightly. Basically telling me the clutch master cylinder is no good!
Will replace and update!