Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale/Swap Volvo V50 Roof Bars for... Volvo V50 Roof Bar

Views : 1638

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2012, 20:52   #1
3FIDDYZ

Default For Sale/Swap Volvo V50 Roof Bars for... Volvo V50 Roof Bar

Massive Shot in the dark!

Volvo Part No 8685725
Just made a bit of a bodge buying some aero roof bars from eBay! My fault I didn't read the description fully! So wondering if anyone out there may have made the opposite mistake to me!

The Aero Bars I have purchased and are available are the ones that fit a Volvo V50 / S40 WITHOUT roofbars.....

I obviously need the ones for a Volvo v50 WITH roof bars!

So if you have a pair of aero bars for a Volvo V50 with roof bars and need a set for a V50 without let me know. Am based near Redhill, Surrey and am happy to travel a short distance!

Or!

If you want to buy them they are available for what I paid £65 inc delivery to a UK Mainland address. Message me and we can sort out payment!

And if you happen to have a set for sale, let me know!

Cheers

Mark!

By the way, yep, am a newbie on here, but if you want to see I am genuine please go onto www.nissansportz.com, my350z.com or 350z-uk.com and look me up under the same user name..
3FIDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 13:12   #2
JimminyCricket

Hi, I'd be interested in these if they definitely fit on the S40. I read somewhere that they don't, but I've also seen others say they do. I might ring a dealer and check.

Assume they are in full working order as well with no damage?

Of course I don't have the bars that you do want though so depends how desperate you are to do a swap!

Cheers.
JimminyCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:44   #3
3FIDDYZ

Hi Jimminycricket

Thanks for the message... They are all working and in great condition. I have checked them all out removing the covers to make sure that everything was fine. The rubbers that fit in the T track are all intact.

I am working on the principle that they fit on the S40 as it says so on the instructions that were included but I don't know for sure as I don't own one to try them out on! Happy for you to come round in your S40 to check them out.

I doubt that there will be someone that made the same mistake as me so happy to let them go for what they cost me!

Send me a PM if your interested and we can sort something out.
Old May 21st, 2012, 20:46   #4
JimminyCricket

Hi, unfortunately I can't PM you as I don't have enough posts yet.

I rang and spoke to a Volvo parts person today and he said that he thinks the bars are slightly different for the S40 and V50 - it's only because they are so similar in fitment that they share the same instructions.

Unfortunately I haven't got my S40 yet so I can't even come and try them. However I'm hoping to pick it up in a week or two and it's near Banstead which isn't too far from you, so I'll check if you've still got them then and if so I'll drop by to try them out if that's ok.

Cheers.
JimminyCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 23:44   #5
3FIDDYZ

Hi jimminy, no worries, I still have them so when you do get it give me a shout.

Cheers
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 23:46   #6
shuleen

Default Still Available

Hi there,
is there any chance that those roof bars are still available? I just bought ones that are for S40 and they really dosent fit V50 - the front bars does, the rear one doesnt.
If those roof bars are still on, would you be so kind and calculate shipping to Czech Republic for me?
shuleen is offline   Reply With Quote