Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 nose weight mistake

Views : 2739

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2015, 01:09   #1
normcat

Default Xc60 nose weight mistake

I understood the nose weight for the D4 FWD was 75kg and although a bit concerned about it being lower than I was used to I had ordered it anyway. Much to my delight I have now found out I was wrong and the MY2016 model is 90kg and the max tow limit up from 1600 to 1800kg. This is not so important as my vans max is 1420 but pleased about the nose weight.
Turns out I had been given the information from a MY2015 price list instead of a 2016. Just goes to show you should double check everything. Would have been a tad upset if it had been the other way round.
normcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 21:23   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

I noticed this a while back regards tow weights and nose weights as well on MY16. It is pretty hit and miss as they vary over the years.

When you get your new XC60 you will have to do a towing review.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 22:23   #3
normcat

Will do. For the past 9 years I have towed with c tec and then a d tec honda CRV.
Both had a max of 2000kg and 100 kg nose weight and both towed well, or at least I thought so. The XC60 has 190bhp against the d tec 150 and the torque is also better so will be interesting to compare. The hondas were AWD and the volvo is FWD but in 9 years only once did the drive for the rear wheels activate. This is why I decided on FWD only and the money saved will be going on a set of winter tyres.
normcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to normcat For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 12:40   #4
richard willetts

Default 2wd

Hi Normcat
How do you find a 2wd for towing, I am thinking of a 2wd as my next choice of car
I cant think of when I needed a 4 wd only when it snows and if its that bad I just wont go.
I just wondered if the front wheels spin at all.
Richard
richard willetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 20:06   #5
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard willetts View Post
Hi Normcat
How do you find a 2wd for towing, I am thinking of a 2wd as my next choice of car
I cant think of when I needed a 4 wd only when it snows and if its that bad I just wont go.
I just wondered if the front wheels spin at all.
Richard
Never have on my v70 P1 or my 2wd xc70 P3.
You can of course make them spin if you want to by being silly, but in normal driving with either the 1460 kg or the 1650kg caravan on the hook, never a problem no matter the weather.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: