Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 very inter power loss cured !!

Views : 84916

Replies : 128

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 11:53   #121
reesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrabuk View Post
I saw that a few weeks ago but it's from Poland so i thought it would be cheap aftermarket rubbish.

However, having bought the genuine Volvo part, i'd be surprised if that cheaper option is not of better quality anyway.
I know why you would think that but volvo are common place in eastern Europe. I ordered one of these from that shop and the service was excellent and the hose seems high quality to me not cheap after market in my case. It arrived in two days which is faster than UK delivery! And a hand written note with thanks which I thought was a nice touch
reesky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reesky For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 12:09   #122
Torsen

Is it not possible to ge this pipe in aftermarket silicone?
Torsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 22:42   #123
Torsen

I ment hose. Any manufactors in UK?
Torsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2014, 00:34   #124
Richjace

Default silicon turbo inlet hose

parts for volvo do a silicon turbo inlet hose manufactured by do88 £107 ish delivered... a bit expensive but i would imagine a permanent fix...?
i personally bought a silicon tee hose from auto silicon hoses and retro fitted it at a cost of £11.41.... bargain.... bought off fleabay i had to trim the ring off the end of the pcv turbo inlet sensor to get it in the tee piece and also trimmed the tee down a little so the valve sits flush, but other than that perfect....
turbo inlet hose size is 57mm
hope this helps someone
Richjace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richjace For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 10:37   #125
bencollins

Thanks everyone on the forum for comments and especially the PDF Mr Fogster.
The Mrs has described symptoms of power loss and im abroad so cant check yet, anyhoo, have just bought this off ebay so we'll have the part ready to rock. Will report back! ... maybe ill have a new one to sell for £20!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60-...AAAOxycmBS-gNe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (33.8 KB, 16 views)
bencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 01:37   #126
sirtrojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60-MBS View Post
Heres ebay link to a cheaper option for the pipe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRESH-AIR-...item416820e1cf
hey guys - you should not be worry about this part quality.
I got it installed that last week and looks solid.

Im from Poland and the seller is well know in volvo community.
So if you need new turbo inlet pipe just get it.

Back to the topic: Ive noticed that my car got poor acceleration recently.
I found no errors with VIDA and turbo (and the pipe mentioned above) + VNT solenoid been replaced. Still no power. its not very poor acceleration but it use to be better.
Next time I am going to check if IC got no leaks even if there is not black smoke behind the car.

Last edited by sirtrojan; May 28th, 2017 at 01:39.
sirtrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2019, 13:26   #127
Pavlusso

Hi mate
I have the same issue. Want to fix it but cannot see attached images . Any chance you can share it again ?
Thanks
Pavlusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2019, 18:00   #128
staffy460

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyhorse View Post
This fault has been bugging me for a couple of years, it's been very intermittant & gives no fault codes : a sudden power loss in mostly second & third gear with no excess smoke from the exhaust. I think most of us are well aware of the weird & wonderful intermittant power losses caused by the fuel filter & the head scratching fault codes that arise from the fuel starvation; this next fault involves air starvation, hopefully this will help some people out:

The trusty D5

Cover removed

The inlet pipe to the turbo is not easy to reach but I'm determined to leave the top engine mount & crossbar in place

The turbo creates quite a high localised vacuum in the inlet pipework, the rubber inlet pipe has denatured & gone very soft. Under heavy boost the vacuum is sufficient to squash the pipe & stop the airflow. My paws are quite big, it's a bit of a struggle. I end up laying on the engine but that's cool 'cos I love this car

Luckily the jubilee clamps are moveable, nearly there now

The vacuum has crushed the pipe so hard it's split.

Notice the pipe is so soft I can easily squash it into a ball

The new pipe is very hard & I struggled to get the crankcase ventilation spigot in for 15 minutes before I cheated & gave the plastic body a chamfer with the Dremmel

Job done. It's been a bit of a tussle but I'm well pleased to have finally cured this fault, the car's never driven better. Also I've just got the all clear from a year long cancer scare. It's been a good day

pipe part No 30636854
why cant i see the pictures
staffy460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2019, 20:31   #129
davebb
Premier Member

You can if you get in the DeLorean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delorean-all-models-s2751941-3.jpg (62.7 KB, 22 views)
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote