Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

anti skid service required message

Views : 2343

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 6th, 2020, 20:48   #11
Nick45

I've got the same message.
DeanH of this parish very kindly came out and read my codes for me. I'll update my thread on this with pics of the codes on Vida shortly but it has thrown up both yaw sensor and 'communication with the differential electronic module missing' as suspects.
Nick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick45 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 21:09   #12
stegreg
VOC Member

Thanks Nick45, ive just ordered a vida system, so I can interrogate mine too. I do really appreciate all the replies as to what others have found at issue with theirs, as it opens up the field as to exactly all the components that get "involved" in getting the "DSTC" to function. heres silly innocent me thinking it only picked up signals off the wheel sensors, ha ha. ......but yes, still reading different things on the subject.
stegreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 11:46   #13
stegreg
VOC Member

UPDATE : Ive just been out in the car, not travelled more than 4 miles, but driven over a couple of Wolverhamptons most finest of road surfaces [big joke], and the dam warning message and light has CLEARED ! got back home, switched off, left a few minutes and started again, no message.

Yes, ive placed an order for a vida system, so will endvour to do a diagnostic to see if any fault codes stored, but its now making me think that its possibly a dry/corroded connection, possibly on the dem module, being as that's so low down and in the firing line for grot.
So will order a can of electrical cleaner and then get underneath and check the connections, plus whilst im at it, do an oil/filter change on the unit.

yes, will keep you all updated as to what I find, just so weird the fault cleared, but kept the warning message for over 5 days? nowt as funny as electrics I tell you, LOL.
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 13:40   #14
The Landshark

Prime suspect would be worn brushes in the pump. Bumps can knock them into contact with the commutator again. It's easy to feed 12v to the pump if it fails again to see will it run.
The Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Landshark For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 11:31   #15
stegreg
VOC Member

Well, its certainly messing up.
Friday night, went out in the car and the warning message came up the moment I powered up the ignition....stayed on for the whole journey of approx. 5 miles.
Saturday morning, powered up the car, no message on ignition, started the car....no message.

did 3 miles, switched off, did shopping, came back to car....powered up....warning back on.

drove 3 miles, switched off, did a bit more shopping, came back out, powered up....message off.

No, still waiting for vida to arrive, just hope this now intermittent fault will leave a trace log....fingers crossed.
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 15:26   #16
stegreg
VOC Member

update 15/2/20.

ive now got a Vida system, have cleared the diagnostics memory, driven for a couple of days and read the diag for a second time.

I now have a fault code for this error I believe: BCM-0015.
communication fault with the rear diff dem module if im not mistaken?

is it safe to presume its just a general dem module failure due to age/wear, or could I be really jammy and it just needs the electrical connectors cleaning ?
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 21:39   #17
Nick45

Hope it's the latter for you pal. Post up a couple of pics of the process if you DIY please.
Fingers crossed.
Nick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2020, 19:43   #18
stegreg
VOC Member

Ok so had to start somewhere, so ive replaced the "steering angle sensor", being as this is a circuit board, set inside the rear of the column switch assembly, I replaced the complete item, switches, SAS and clock spring cable.

so now the bad news [inevitable really] still have the error codes, still has the "anti skid service" message on the warning panel.

now when running a diagnostic, can anyone put any light on these codes?

bcm- 0111 communication between control units SAS tolerance not yet completed......how do you do this>?

bcm-a031 communication between control units tolerance control for SAS not run.? again....how do you do this check?

bcm -0094 communication between control units communication problems with DEM.?

sorry for the questions, but I work in a hospital and have little spare time currently, as I hope you can appreciate, so any advise would be greatly appreciated, as usual guys
Old May 7th, 2020, 20:33   #19
marcb
Master Member

I think you need to get it calibrated or set with dealer software. I don't think you can do it with VIDA.

At least that's what I've seen for a 2005 model, which ours is - yours is 2002 so may not need it?

I've not bothered to fix it as it's not an MOT fail and doesn't affect the car's performance (as far as I can see).
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2020, 20:38   #20
stegreg
VOC Member

thanks for reply, I didn't realize that this error code would still pass an mot, especially as it put the "warning triangle" in to "amber", that's a bit of good news, but may give dealers a call to see how much they would charge to do a check/calibrate.