Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

P reg 1996 960 auto est.

Views : 1764

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2009, 18:57   #11
treehorndogsbody
VOC Member

Well all the doubters, I bought 'THE GLOSSY BLACK 960', with out the photographs. I travelled over 150 miles from Yorkshire to see it. Was it as described? No, it is absolutley stunning to look at, and has a finish like glass. The owner 'trev' described it perfectly, pointing out all its faults, all minor. It will be totally mint once the little bits of cosmetics are completed and private plate assigned. I feel very lucky to have bought such a low mileage car in such great condition, from an honest gentleman. There are so many sad and abused 960 out there for sale.
Pictures do not always say a thousand words, but often equivicate or distort the truth. Watch out for 'Black Beauty' cruising the roads of West Yorkshire.

Last edited by treehorndogsbody; May 16th, 2009 at 19:28.
treehorndogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:43   #12
derek vivian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
glossy black 3 litre CD model with both climate and sunroof.black leather,cd player,cruise control.a genuine mileage of under 70,000 miles.an estate of course.all invoices,names of previous owners(2) and owned by us for last 4 years.will sell with full mot.selling because we already have a transit,a suzuki and a motorhome and somethings got to go(sorry ovlov).everything works and it runs great and drives fantastic.also very fast in sport mode,ideal for safe overtaking.only problem is a leak which runs into rear seat floorwell when it rains.we have'nt tried to trace it but assume its from the door seals?also has towbar and double caravan electric sockets.previous owner towed a caravan with it but it is 3 litres and 203bhp so can hardly have stressed engine.original owner was the director of a volvo garage in Chorley,and then the second owner,also from Chorley.he traded it for a cross country(and regretted it).we've had it regularly serviced and have a brilliant volvo guy who looks after it.the car is kept inside our yard at home in mid wales,about 50 miles west of the M54(off M6).sorry no photos.no camera.we are looking for £995 or near offer.we are down in brighton at the moment but can answer questions or arrange a viewing via email or mobile 07935 950221

our glossy black volvo for sale for £995.call 07935 950221
Hi,

I should like to ask if your 960 is still for sale as at today 26th May?

Derek Vivian
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 18:07   #13
treehorndogsbody
VOC Member

I am sorry to say Derek, I have bought it. You really missed out, it really is stunning. It is in the paint shop at the minute, having treatment for the usual 'bumper rash'. I hope they can get the same glass like finish the rest of the car has. You also missed out on meeting the owner, one of the nicest people I have met in many years. Black Beauty now resides in West Yorkshire, where I hope it will remain for many years.
CURRENT CARS:-1994 960 CD Estate in Aubergine awaiting repair.
1998 V70 AWD Auto Estate in blue, very fast but not the best ride.
1996 960 CD Estate in BLACK(the one above), I think I've fallen in love.
1994 BMW 316i SE Auto saloon, great for fetching parts.
treehorndogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 19:41   #14
LankyTim
Missing the point

Congratualtions on joining the black Volvo club!
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LankyTim For This Useful Post: