Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2017 XC60 Sensus navigation

Views : 3098

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 14th, 2018, 15:54   #11
csd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Yes, they might be able to, but then you need to consider the cost vs. a Garmin or TomTom.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...up-test-review

I use both a top-spec Garmin (because I already had it) and Sensus. The Garmin is in almost every case a better device. It fails only because you cannot perform hands-free operations like you can with Sensus (keeping both hands on the wheel). The Garmin has voice control. but it is not perfect.
I will be making the argument that the car was advertised as having satnav, so it should have a functional satnav built-in. I have no intention of paying anywhere near standard list price for Sensus, but a small premium to avoid suction mounts and loose cables would be worthwhile to me.

Thanks,

Colin
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 17:43   #12
HDAV
Master Member

Wonder if ROI cars are a different spec? Put up a pic or video of what you have menu wise there are a host of options for the nav inclufpding turning off turn by turn, eta to destination and oTher ”normal” stuff.

Interested in how/what navigation your getting right now?

Also I assumed the sensus was pan euro nav? Or does that need an upgrade (cost)?
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 18:23   #13
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

None of the options stop it appearing when you press the Nav button though - the only way that it doesn’t appear is if it isn’t installed
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:02   #14
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd View Post
Hello,

I've just picked up a 2017MY XC60 SE Lux, must be one of the last of the old models. It has the 7" screen and Sensus connect, but the navigation seems very basic to me. It doesn't have half the the menu options it should have (according to the manual), and doesn't even have an ETA or distance to run displayed on the top line of the screen.

Basic searching and routing seems to work, but without turn prompts.
From this I am expecting nav is in the menu as here? Everything missing can be switched off in settings
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 20:08   #15
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
None of the options stop it appearing when you press the Nav button though - the only way that it doesn’t appear is if it isn’t installed
Or not working correctly?
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 21:13   #16
csd

Default Update

So it turns out that the Sensus Navigation was never loaded when the car was PDI'd originally. Even though I'm the second owner the dealer took the car back and upgraded to the full Sensus Navigation & Connect software free of charge so I'm very happy.

The menus now appear as they should (thanks HDAV), and the number of Apps under the Internet menu has expanded too. It now includes the Send to Car app so I can send waypoints from Here Maps, which is much handier than spinning the menu wheel trying to enter addresses.

Colin
The Following User Says Thank You to csd For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 23:55   #17
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
So it turns out that the Sensus Navigation was never loaded when the car was PDI'd originally. Even though I'm the second owner the dealer took the car back and upgraded to the full Sensus Navigation & Connect software free of charge so I'm very happy.

The menus now appear as they should (thanks HDAV), and the number of Apps under the Internet menu has expanded too. It now includes the Send to Car app so I can send waypoints from Here Maps, which is much handier than spinning the menu wheel trying to enter addresses.

Colin
Result!

Who was the first owner?

Interesting that it’s a dealer load item...... not a factory option and requires no hardware....
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 18:41   #18
csd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Result!

Who was the first owner?

Interesting that it’s a dealer load item...... not a factory option and requires no hardware....
I guess it had the necessary hardware already because it had Internet Map.

The previous owner was Volvo Ireland :-)

Colin
Old Jan 27th, 2018, 16:38   #19
Fellwalker

Quote:

Colin
Good luck

If you can get the car to connect to the internet. I have utterly failed at getting mine to connect via my phone, and there is just one spot on my drive where I can get a strong enough wifi signal from the house to load the locations sent from car. It isn't the quickest internet in the car either.

Be careful as I have found that the POIs in Here maps are (edit: removed) "poorly located". I strongly suggest you check on satellite or even google street view before relying on them. I'm sick of reporting errors.

Also, you can only do send to car from the desktop version of here maps (wego.here.com) and not from the app.

I'm afraid I have been put off paying extra for satnav in any future car.
Old Jan 28th, 2018, 15:12   #20
The Talking Donkey

May I suggest google maps, it's free and by far the best IMO. I have the select Navigation and it's very poor compared to Google maps.
The Talking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote