Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Few small problems/snags with my xc90

Views : 470

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 01:54   #1
Tony500
Master Member

Default Few small problems/snags with my xc90

Since having my xc90 I’ve noticed a few problems.

1. Radio/satnav working fine and then switches off for 1 second and then resumes back to what it was doing. Only does it once and not repeated during a drive? Could this be expensive or a a loose connection?

2. Rear centre booster seat not opening. Seems like the cable or handle catch has came apart. Is there a fix for this?

3. Drinks holder cover does not stay shut, it returns to the open position if you try and close, common or an easy fix?

4. Drivers side rear door does not always open from the handle on the outside, I can open from inside and then close and open from the exterior? I’ve lubed all slides and locks ect?

5. Get an intermittent anti skid and abs disabled on dash? This appears and disappears when it feels like. My Vida isn’t playing game but is this a common fault?

5. Seen on many v70’s and xc90’s the B pillar just below the hole for the seat belt gets frayed and looks horrible, has anyone done a fix to this? I was going to try match the cloth with new stuff and cover but I have black dye and some of my interior is black so was going to be creative.

I know some things are silly but that’s the only thing that I would like to fix that’s bugging me the now.

The car is a 2007 xc90

Tia
Tony500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 05:48   #2
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony500 View Post
1. Radio/satnav working fine and then switches off for 1 second and then resumes back to what it was doing. Only does it once and not repeated during a drive? Could this be expensive or a a loose connection?
Radio is an easy fix by Vovo DIagnostic in London:
http://volvodiagnostic.com/shop/inde...duct&id_lang=1
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 10:49   #3
gmonag
Premier Member

2, 3, 4, 6 are all mechanical issues - find and fix/replace.

5 may be lots of things but first check the ABS rings on the front hubs. Look for cracks, missing teeth.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 17:58   #4
binty

Default drinks holder, common and fixable

The drinks holder is common as crud falls down the gap and gums up the self close mechanism which then can disconnect.
First remove the gear lever surround by lifting it up just infant of the cup holder and unclipping, no need to remove it.
Yo can then see the two torx screws at the front that hold the top centre console trim, (outer ones I recall), there are two more under the rubber channel just behind the cup holder.
The top trim then just pulls up and will bring the cupholder with it.
Again no need to remove it, as you can reach underneath and ease out the two locking tabs of the cup holder insert to remove the cupholder.
This will give you access to the mechanism which is in the centre of the lid.
The lid can now just unclip from either side for removal, cleaning or repair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC90 cupholder 1.jpg (227.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg xc90 cupholder 2.jpg (139.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg xc90 cupholder 3.jpg (242.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg xc90 cupholder 4.jpg (206.7 KB, 13 views)
Mercedes SLK 250d 9G auto AMG line (Black)
Previous Volvos C30 Rdesign 2.0D (black), C30 Rdesign 1.6D (black), S60 T5 (black)

Last edited by binty; Jan 23rd, 2018 at 20:08. Reason: photos added
binty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binty For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 23:31   #5
Tony500
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binty View Post
The drinks holder is common as crud falls down the gap and gums up the self close mechanism which then can disconnect.
First remove the gear lever surround by lifting it up just infant of the cup holder and unclipping, no need to remove it.
Yo can then see the two torx screws at the front that hold the top centre console trim, (outer ones I recall), there are two more under the rubber channel just behind the cup holder.
The top trim then just pulls up and will bring the cupholder with it.
Again no need to remove it, as you can reach underneath and ease out the two locking tabs of the cup holder insert to remove the cupholder.
This will give you access to the mechanism which is in the centre of the lid.
The lid can now just unclip from either side for removal, cleaning or repair.

Brilliant, thanks going to tackle that tomorrow 👍
Tony500 is offline   Reply With Quote