Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The National Rally & BKV - does it really exist ?

Views : 27082

Replies : 269

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2012, 09:06   #61
arcturus
arcturus

As I said previously it's just a bit of fun. If you win you get a plastic cup, if you don't at least it's given you a nudge to clean your car Personaly I have a private competition with another in my class and we will sink a few beers and rib each other afterwards.
BTW who's taking their car to the BKV or just attending? I will be there all being well. Setting off this week with caravan.Will have plenty of dead flies to wash off. Going to Tatton Park classic car show weekend 1st June first. Stop by and say hello and have a beer on me. Look out for a foreign plate. It would nice to put faces to names
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:22   #62
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile James

I emailed two directors about my query and the answer came back that of car age and low mileage was no longer aplicable so i would think if a car is 30years old and in good condition and has a genuine mileage of say 100,000 on the clock that is no longer taken into consideration.But James i can go back in my memory of BKV judgeing when Judges wore white gloves and carried a peice of white cloth to get slightest bit of dirt of thereselves..regards sunnyvic
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:05   #63
mollusk
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvic View Post
i can go back in my memory of BKV judgeing when Judges wore white gloves and carried a peice of white cloth
And I can remember when the moon was made of cheese! If we really want to go back to "concours" only event please tell me why Nigel, Terry, Rupert, Foggy, I and others are trying to make this a fun weekend - looks like we could save ourselves a whole lot of time and effort!

Mollusk
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:27   #64
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Think i'll just park in the nearest pub and just wander around Thoresby Hall instead, It will be men in White coats we need, not gloves
I WAS looking forward to a good time.
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:33   #65
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvic View Post
I emailed two directors about my query and the answer came back that of car age and low mileage was no longer aplicable so i would think if a car is 30years old and in good condition and has a genuine mileage of say 100,000 on the clock that is no longer taken into consideration.But James i can go back in my memory of BKV judgeing when Judges wore white gloves and carried a peice of white cloth to get slightest bit of dirt of thereselves..regards sunnyvic
Are you planning to show your car Vic?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:46   #66
robsv40
I've Been Banned

Oooo I'm coming to National BKV. Not showing, not yet a fully paid member. Maybe will be at t he BKV show. Other perks are meeting people I've spoken to on here. Nice to put a face to a name. Also reading through these posts, the possibility of it kicking off is likely. Volvo owners going at it with chamois instead of a white glove would be priceless.
Last car show I went to was in 2006 so wpuod be nice to get back into the swing of it
robsv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:52   #67
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsv40 View Post
Oooo I'm coming to National BKV. Not showing, not yet a fully paid member. Maybe will be at t he BKV show. Other perks are meeting people I've spoken to on here. Nice to put a face to a name. Also reading through these posts, the possibility of it kicking off is likely. Volvo owners going at it with chamois instead of a white glove would be priceless.
Last car show I went to was in 2006 so wpuod be nice to get back into the swing of it
Haha, Bring your own Headache tablets
Old May 14th, 2012, 13:33   #68
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile mullusk

You do like pulling me up on a comment made dont you ,,,all i said was that i could remember when white gloves were worn ....i never said that i aproved of that and i am glad that that way of judgeing is gone and i supose if we got down to the nitty gritty there are quite a lot of judgeing points that people dont agree with ,incidently you must be going back a lot more years in age than me cause i dont remember the moon made of cheese no wonder your post picture makes me think of old father time..cheers sunnyvic
Old May 14th, 2012, 13:38   #69
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

My personal 'pet hate' about the whole event is that everyone seems to concentrate on, and refer to it, as the BKV, as if the competition is the be all and end all of the proceedings. The actual title of the weekend is 'The Volvo Owners Club National Rally and BKV' which is why I almost immediately edited the title of the thread. Yes, a large part is the 'concourse' competition, but is also the annual club gathering and to my mind that means it's a social occasion and a chance to meet and chat to other people with an appreciation of all things Volvo. This is why there will be displays and stands there, and why non club members will be parking in the same area. It's an attempt to provide something for everyone; those that want a 'show and shine' have got one, but those that just want to celebrate all things Volvo have something to do as well.
Old May 14th, 2012, 13:56   #70
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile mrmeringo

No i have no intention of showing my car mine is just a mode of transport to carry my mobility scooter in if you read farther back you will see that regardless of the number of years in the owners club i have seldom put on display but maybe just to make the numbers up for the 7series,,.In fact unless i can get ground floor accomadation i wont even be at Thoresby hall, hey mrmeringo white coats what a good idea no need for gloves can you arrange for a white van so that maybe i can entice a certain person into that van because he remembers the moon made of cheese,.That would save on the iron bars and the water hose every hour ,,mention no names mind..cheers sunnyvic