Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5204T3 Engine check light

Views : 918

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 24th, 2018, 16:38   #1
Railman1

Default D5204T3 Engine check light

I have a D4 XC60 with the 5cyl engine, the engine management check light keeps comming on with codes P004906 Turbo overspeed general failure,P023600 Turbo boost sensor circuit range/general failure and EGG no flow detected general failure.
There is no loss of power and the light only comes on when running in 4th or 5th gear with hardly any throttle applied i.e. running just above "freewheeling" it will reset and remain off for a week or so until driving conditions are the same. I get the impression the ECU is being thrown by the low air flow in this driving condition. Any ideas???
Railman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 23:55   #2
Railman1

All sorted as per my other post on Boost Pressure sensor, the sensor was reading high at all engine revs. Bought new one from well known auction site (not a Bosch one) £40 and all good again.
Railman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2021, 08:52   #3
XC60AUS

Default PArt Number

I was wondering what part number you purchased as i require one of this sensors for my car.
XC60AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 20:27   #4
seanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60AUS View Post
I was wondering what part number you purchased as i require one of this sensors for my car.
I got 0 261 230 293 for my car and it's been fine ever since replacement.