Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where have the 700 owners gone? 700 owners thread.

Views : 8240

Replies : 102

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 25th, 2012, 00:23   #21
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Although I'd like to go on friday or saturday I can see it being just the sunday.
But I will be there for the 700 line up.
Children are very welcome and camping is free and if you have a caravan you will need to ask as room for setting them up will be limited,especially any hook ups.If there are any?
I wouldn't miss meeting mrmeringo and others.
Regards Brian.
I'm offended now!

Prufrock :-)
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 00:31   #22
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
I'm offended now!

Prufrock :-)
Haha
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:16   #23
minesa240x3
loyalty

Quote:
Although I'd like to go on friday or saturday I can see it being just the sunday.
But I will be there for the 700 line up.
Children are very welcome and camping is free and if you have a caravan you will need to ask as room for setting them up will be limited,especially any hook ups.If there are any?
I wouldn't miss meeting mrmeringo Prufrock Laney and others.
Regards Brian.
Now Now folks I'm sure your not that easily offended.I have edited my original post just to keep the peace Lol.

And so looking forward to meeting LOTS of new people.
I even met Sunnyvic at the southern and guess what?No punches were thrown and I really liked his 740GLE estate.Just happened to be exactly the same colour as mine and spec.I didn't have enough tools to steal his rear nearside door though Damn.
A very nice man indeed.

Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:36   #24
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Now Now folks I'm sure your not that easily offended.I have edited my original post just to keep the peace Lol.

And so looking forward to meeting LOTS of new people.
I even met Sunnyvic at the southern and guess what?No punches were thrown and I really liked his 740GLE estate.Just happened to be exactly the same colour as mine and spec.I didn't have enough tools to steal his rear nearside door though Damn.
A very nice man indeed.

Regards Brian.
I wasn't offended Brian,

only joking.

Prufrock.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:56   #25
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Where and when

Refresh my memory, where and when are the nats?
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:47   #26
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default When and where.

Roger.

When - 15th/16th/17th June

where - Thoresby Hall, Notts just off A1.

Be there, sunshine and fun for all.

Prufrock.

P.S will p.m you.
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:45   #27
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Beverley Folk Festival

Ah, I'm at Beverley Folk Festival (Beverley) otherwise I could have brought my guitar and mandolin, and my sadly vertical friend who plays the fiddle and whistle and had a jolly time.

Sadly vertical as in "Women are like pianos, when they're not upright, they're grand"!
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:38   #28
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57RKL View Post
I saw two today, a saloon and estate. Both cars poorly maintained rusty roof rack on one and bird s*** all over the other. 740s dont seem to have any enthusiast following and I expect the 940s will end up the same. No takers for my 740 Turbo Estate at £350 !

Woah, things aren't always what they seem! I live under a canopy of trees and my 760 gets absolutely splattered by pigeons in just one night. My 940 is parked a bit away from the trees and that gets quite splattered in just one night. We've still got a hose pipe on here in the Thames Valley and even if we didn't have I can't clean two cars more than once a week due to physical limitations (illness) let alone time restrictions and I couldn't afford a car wash at £6 every day, £42 a week, that doesn't shift the poo anyway. Many people who live out in the sticks have this problem, it doesn't mean they don't care about their cars. I had to deliberately buy my 940 checking out the paint code first to make sure it's of the type that is unphased by bird poo

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:54   #29
57RKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
Woah, things aren't always what they seem! I live under a canopy of trees and my 760 gets absolutely splattered by pigeons in just one night. My 940 is parked a bit away from the trees and that gets quite splattered in just one night. We've still got a hose pipe on here in the Thames Valley and even if we didn't have I can't clean two cars more than once a week due to physical limitations (illness) let alone time restrictions and I couldn't afford a car wash at £6 every day, £42 a week, that doesn't shift the poo anyway. Many people who live out in the sticks have this problem, it doesn't mean they don't care about their cars. I had to deliberately buy my 940 checking out the paint code first to make sure it's of the type that is unphased by bird poo
That's fair enough. Its just the impression I get that most middle aged Volvo's remain unloved and are run into the ground by car booters types and people that dont really care about their appearance or the appearance of their car. I see this with 240 estates also. The 240 saloons I now see seem to be moving into the hands of enthusiasts.
57RKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:47   #30
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile 740

Hi 57rkl its evident you havent been watching the wants coloum there are a couple of people asking for 7series and as regards enthusiasts following everything takes time but i do notice there apears to be a big start in the 7series membership and as i was told on Sunday at the southern meet Voc members are beginning to believe that the 700 cars are and will become a classic,just because your car hasnt sold dont blame us 700series members its up to you as a seller to push your own sale,be prepared to take your car at least halveway if someone lives farther away from you and keep your car in tiptop condition at home for viewing purposes,personally i havent seen your advert but even if i had i would not purchase cause i can only drive one at a time and my own in my eyes is perfect..cheers sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyvic For This Useful Post: