Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 waiting times

Views : 1068

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2018, 13:53   #1
rdevicente
New Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 15:22
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Liverpool
Default XC40 waiting times

Hello there,

Just checking how everybody else is getting on with their waiting times

I placed an order the last week of February for an R-Design Pro, and I was told I should expect it by the last week of May, no later than early June.

Had a call with the dealer last week to check on the car, and they told me the new expected delivery date is... 20-NOVEMBER!

Has anyone else had similar issues and delays?
3 months waiting (from March until June) seemed acceptable, 9 moths seems a bit too much...
rdevicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 21:27   #2
Becksie
New Member
 

Last Online: Jun 21st, 2018 17:32
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Leics
Default

Me!

Ordered R Design Pro 12/03/18 for a may delivery, finally got a build date 2nd Nov!

Im undecided if I should cancel as a 8 month lead time is slightly unacceptable.
Becksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 18:01   #3
StewartM
Member
 
StewartM's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 17:25
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: My own little world
Default

Plenty discussion about this on the XC40 Forum, including the posting of some Volvo UK documents to the dealers which appear to have escaped from captivity.
StewartM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 19:10   #4
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 17:41
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevicente View Post
Hello there,

Just checking how everybody else is getting on with their waiting times

I placed an order the last week of February for an R-Design Pro, and I was told I should expect it by the last week of May, no later than early June.

Had a call with the dealer last week to check on the car, and they told me the new expected delivery date is... 20-NOVEMBER!

Has anyone else had similar issues and delays?
3 months waiting (from March until June) seemed acceptable, 9 moths seems a bit too much...
There is a huge demand for this car , volvo have twice as many orders as they anticipated one of the drawbacks in having multiple car of the year awards I guess .Much the same happened in 2003 when the XC90 was launched .
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 12:52   #5
anotherv60
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Today 09:26
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Derbyshire
Default

Just looked at production statistics for May, now have 3 months of XC40 production data. Volvo are producing 5,000 units per month and the press release states that extra production will be available in 2019. With 80,000 orders already that means the XC40 is in seriously short supply!

Volvo got there estimates wrong for this vehicle!!
__________________
MY18 V90 D4 R-Design, Adaptive Dampers, Osmium Grey
MY15 V60 D2 Business Edition, Saville Grey
anotherv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 15:58   #6
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 17:41
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv60 View Post
Just looked at production statistics for May, now have 3 months of XC40 production data. Volvo are producing 5,000 units per month and the press release states that extra production will be available in 2019. With 80,000 orders already that means the XC40 is in seriously short supply!

Volvo got there estimates wrong for this vehicle!!
They cant get the estimates wrong , you have to come up with a realistic figure for setting up the assembly line , people needed , parts needed etc . They estimated correctly but can't anticipate the car winning 2 major awards as soon as it is launched , they have to adapt now as they go along ..
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 12:53   #7
rdevicente
New Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 15:22
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Liverpool
Default

It's very disappointing as well that they don't prioritize depending on when the order was placed but on the model

Momentums and inscriptions ordered in May are being given delivery dates earlier than a Pro ordered in February...
rdevicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 22:31   #8
anotherv60
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Today 09:26
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Derbyshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevicente View Post
It's very disappointing as well that they don't prioritize depending on when the order was placed but on the model

Momentums and inscriptions ordered in May are being given delivery dates earlier than a Pro ordered in February...
I read that the R Design is the main problem is that the case for the pro versions also?
__________________
MY18 V90 D4 R-Design, Adaptive Dampers, Osmium Grey
MY15 V60 D2 Business Edition, Saville Grey
anotherv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 08:49   #9
Celticxc60
Junior Member
 

Last Online: Jun 16th, 2018 08:50
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Farnham
Default

I have on order a T5 Inscription pro. Initially scheduled for delivery in June/July. I have now been advised that it will be mid/late October!!

Just as well my very old XC60 is still going strong! I have downsized because of the increased size of the new XC60, which is now too big for my needs.

Just waiting and fingers crossed that it is not delayed again.
Celticxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:42.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.