Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

need some rim info (please)

Views : 999

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 12:26   #1
zerocool

Default need some rim info (please)

so i got a 01 s60 t5 , however i have been looking for a new set of wheels , i got a buddy who runs a high end exotic tow/junk yard. So he calls me and tells me he just got ownership of a 01 s60 t5 with a nice set of volvo rims on it , and would i be interested? i say i dunno? this is the pic he sends me. Anyone know anything about these? are they chrome and just dirty maybe? or are they grey? my buddy is out for the next few days and i cant reach him by phone. i dont want to drive 75miles to his location to look at a set of crappy rims. so anyone who could tell me anything about these rims , it would be awesome. sidenote: i didnt know he sent me the pic or i could have asked him all these questions before he left. * after further review of pic = yea , i dont think they are chrome (not even close) grey maybe polished? buddy says he found it out in the woods a year ago and the owner never claimed the car , thus is how he bacame new owner. Must have been the Blair witch again? scary

Last edited by zerocool; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 12:30.
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 13:55   #2
Rnash2002
Master Member

There standard fit s60 alloys,should be 17" and they will be silver in colour

Heres some.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-17...item27d99c46c9
There called tethys.

Last edited by Rnash2002; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 13:58.
Rnash2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rnash2002 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 15:18   #3
krisby
2.5T screamer

yeah, just look like standard 17s, I have them on my 2.5t, just standard grey/silver. Would be interested to know how much he offering them for, the lip round the rim edge is ground down on all 4 of mine, clearly the previous owner liked to park close to the curb.
krisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 20:06   #4
zerocool

^ I dunno , i will ask him when he gets out of jail. Its gonna get expensive in the shipping dept. These rims are located in the Us. The guy owes me , and im sure they were gonna be gave to me? I can ask?

*Im just going to pass , sinse they are just standard.

Last edited by zerocool; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 20:08.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 20:47   #5
krisby
2.5T screamer

Oh right, nevermind then, sounds like a bit of a story behind them.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:35   #6
zerocool

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisby View Post
Oh right, nevermind then, sounds like a bit of a story behind them.
you lost me? The guy in question who owns the legal business owes me a few favors , biggest favor was letting him have a set of antique ferrari rims for only a few hundred (needed space) @ g/f was bitching about space. They were all legal favors like that. I dont do anything shady. you could have just said nevermind ,
Code:
sounds like a bit of a story behind them
that part was uncalled for content. In my opinion? well him being in jail prob leads to the content , sorry if im too much. he is in jail for driving on a driving on a revoked license. Thats the story. 2nd or 3rd time he has been caught.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 08:22   #7
krisby
2.5T screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
you lost me? The guy in question who owns the legal business owes me a few favors , biggest favor was letting him have a set of antique ferrari rims for only a few hundred (needed space) @ g/f was bitching about space. They were all legal favors like that. I dont do anything shady. you could have just said nevermind ,
Code:
sounds like a bit of a story behind them
that part was uncalled for content. In my opinion? well him being in jail prob leads to the content , sorry if im too much. he is in jail for driving on a driving on a revoked license. Thats the story. 2nd or 3rd time he has been caught.
Hey hey, calm down, no offence, it was just having to be shipped from the US, waiting for him to come out of jail, just sounded like a mission to try and even agree any price let alone shipping. I don't need the wheels bad enough to be bothered with it, that was all I meant.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 15:11   #8
zerocool

Its my fault , i apologize i read too much into it. anyway your right im sure it would have been way too much of a hassle for a set of rims to deal with this guy who always seems to busy for anything.