Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 V70 T5 For Sale, 123100 miles, £550

Views : 449

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 2nd, 2018, 09:03   #1
flying_banana

Default 2002 V70 T5 For Sale, 123100 miles, £550

It's with a heavy heart that I am putting "Terence", my trusty T5, up for sale.

I've owned Terry for almost 3 years now. In that time he's been incredibly reliable, great fun to drive, and extremely useful during the renovation of our new house. He's not without fault however, and now is the right time for him to find someone who has the spare time to get him back to his former glory so that he can live for many years to come.

The good bits:

- Low mileage of 123,100 (although he's still in use daily so this will increase slightly.
- 4 reasonably new Toyo T1 Sport tyres with plenty of tread left.
- Front lower suspension arms have been replaced.
- Front lower ball joints have been replaced (twice - once using budget parts that lasted a year, more recently with TRW parts).
- Strut tops have been replaced.
- Engine is running sweet. It's never been abused and I've regularly serviced it myself using quality components, although I've been a little remiss lately and last serviced it on 4/2/17 at 116,005 miles.
- Grey leather interior in very good order with no damage.
- Fantastic Dolby ProLogic Sound System.
- Jetex cat-back stainless steel exhaust fitted over 2 years ago. It's got the extra central silencer so it's not "boy racer" spec. I opted for a Jetex system over OEM when the rear silencer developed a hole for cost reasons only. It's a little bit more obvious, but could be put back to stock if preferred.
- 18 month old front discs and pads (Brembo).
- It's a fantastic cruiser and I'll miss him when he's gone.
- MOT until 13th September this year.

The no so good bits:

- He had an argument with a cast iron bollard early last year. The NSR door is affected, as is the rear quarter panel to a lesser extent. Second-hand doors are easily obtainable on eBay, but the rear quarter panel will need fettling and filling in my opinion. Laziness has meant I've not sorted it myself (I was waiting for a door to come along in the right colour) as he still drives and is otherwise unaffected.
- There is a vibration on braking from motorway speeds - I think this is from the rear brakes and they could probably do with being replaced. There is plenty of meat left on the discs & pads, but I think they may be slightly warped.
- There is a slight knocking sound from the rear suspension over bumps. There is no discernible movement in both rear wheels when off the ground, so I think it may be anti-roll bar bushes.
- Last week the brake servo developed a vacuum leak at the pedal side. I've read it's a common problem with V70s, but I think it needs a new servo unit (Google says the seals are available as it's the same unit used on Mercedes). These can be picked up fairly reasonably, but it's a bit of an involved job to replace and I just don't have the time at the moment. The power assistance on the brakes is unaffected at the moment.
- The engine management light is on as a result of the above. 2 codes are logged: 2187 & 2187pd 'Lean at Idle' - this is due to the vacuum leak in the servo I believe (it came when the hissing started).
- The cam belt is due to be replaced - last changed at 60,281 miles.
- The dashboard clock has a mind of its own... counts up and then down for around 10 minutes after setting off, and then settles on a time of its choice.
- The aircon system is charged and works really well. Too well in fact. I think the temperature sensor has failed as whatever temperature is selected they aircon is on max until the pipe freezes and then it stops working. Switching it off for a few minutes and then back on again means it works fine again.
- Heated driver's seat doesn't work, as the previous owner removed the module from under the seat for some reason. The Passenger side works absolutely perfectly.
- Occasionally the gearbox hits neutral under acceleration in auto mode (probably once every 200 miles on average). It's been ongoing for a while and again I just haven't got around to fixing it. I think it's simply due to old ATF, and I've got some new fluid (Motul) that will be sold with the car for the new owner that I bought a couple of years ago and never got round to doing anything with.

I think that's it. Apologies for the "War & Peace" description but I've been as honest as I can be. I'm happy for any prospective buyers to give the car a proper going over and I've got jacks/axle stands etc. here should you wish to have closer look at anything.

It' a great, comfortable, practical & quick car that just needs a little love and attention to get back to A1 condition. Work commitments and an ongoing house renovation, together with 2 other cars that need my attention mean I just don't have the time to sort all the issues myself.

Please feel free to get in touch with any questions you may have, either on here or on the mobile 07803 033 350.

The car can be viewed either in Brinscall (near Chorley) or in Salford (where the car is currently registered).

Thanks for reading,
Ian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180624_113631.jpg (143.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180624_113658.jpg (162.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180624_113555.jpg (129.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180624_114015.jpg (135.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180624_113834.jpg (120.6 KB, 42 views)
flying_banana is offline   Reply With Quote