Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking S40 TD (1998 / Phase1)

Views : 8862

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 01:02   #11
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
How much for the grille and are the headlights Xenons? (Im guessing not by looking at them) If Alex121 doesn't want the Strut Brace if I can afford it I wouldn't mind it
I'll put your name on the list

No not xenon lamps, just H7 filament bulbs, the sun was probably peeking through when I took the photos.

Grill is in relatively good nick...open to sensible offers

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 03:45   #12
Matt86
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfin View Post
What else, other than the indicator stalk, is needed for the cruise control?
Easy answer - A lot

Basically other than the stalk you need the servo and the brake and clutch pedal switches with the brackets, the vacuum pump as well... then there's the cruise control module.. and I think that's about it providing your car is pre-wired for it all (Easier check is to look under the fuse box in the engine to see if you've got a wire connector attached to the loom there, If so you should have everything pre-wired)

I'm sure someone can provide a very extensive list if you preferred.

Car Photos
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:27   #13
Grumpywurzel
Gert Navy Bouy

Sorry mate, I sent the PM to the wrong person!!!!, now stuck at a "works" pc and it doesnt allow me to start a pm trail. Have you got the long thin lamps in your heater panel and do they work?
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 08:12   #14
bigboz
Master Member

How much you want for the gatticas?
bigboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 09:48   #15
Thorfin
S40 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
Easy answer - A lot

Basically other than the stalk you need the servo and the brake and clutch pedal switches with the brackets, the vacuum pump as well... then there's the cruise control module.. and I think that's about it providing your car is pre-wired for it all (Easier check is to look under the fuse box in the engine to see if you've got a wire connector attached to the loom there, If so you should have everything pre-wired)

I'm sure someone can provide a very extensive list if you preferred.
Not so easy answer... Its a 1.9D so is fly by wire throttle.

However since it is a Phase 1 Diesel I am trying to work out if it needs all the extras like you suggest, or if its just add the stalk and program the ECU (like the Phase 2 cars)...

So far I am getting conflicting views on the phase 1 1.9D and since this car already has Cruise, with the same engine as me (well... different engine cover, but same engine code), I wondered if the question of what I need could be finally answered once and for all

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."
Thorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:03   #16
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpywurzel View Post
Sorry mate, I sent the PM to the wrong person!!!!, now stuck at a "works" pc and it doesnt allow me to start a pm trail. Have you got the long thin lamps in your heater panel and do they work?
The climate control panel in the above car is the manual type and has the short bulb fittings.

Am I correct in thinking you're after the longer type bulb for the electronic climate control?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECC1.jpg (94.5 KB, 1 views)

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:15   #17
Grumpywurzel
Gert Navy Bouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
The climate control panel in the above car is the manual type and has the short bulb fittings.

Am I correct in thinking you're after the longer type bulb for the electronic climate control?
Yeah thats the badgers mate, the long ones.... Think its a rip off at £3.50 plus p&p for a tiny light. Gonna have to look into these LED things I guess
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:16   #18
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfin View Post
Not so easy answer... Its a 1.9D so is fly by wire throttle.

However since it is a Phase 1 Diesel I am trying to work out if it needs all the extras like you suggest, or if its just add the stalk and program the ECU (like the Phase 2 cars)...

So far I am getting conflicting views on the phase 1 1.9D and since this car already has Cruise, with the same engine as me (well... different engine cover, but same engine code), I wondered if the question of what I need could be finally answered once and for all
Does your '99 1.9D have a fly-by-wire accelerator pedal? If so the CC is programmed through the ECU.

The above engine (D4192T) has a throttle cable going to the fuel pump. This type of CC is similar to the petrol models with, as Matt86 rightly says, a servo on the accelerator pedal and the various switches and control module.

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:22   #19
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpywurzel View Post
Yeah thats the badgers mate, the long ones.... Think its a rip off at £3.50 plus p&p for a tiny light. Gonna have to look into these LED things I guess
They're not too badly priced considering I paid €37 at the main dealer for 5 climate control / headlamp switch bulbs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:26   #20
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboz View Post
How much you want for the gatticas?
Not sure what gatticas are...?