Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 Preview

Views : 20543

Replies : 267

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 14th, 2017, 21:21   #11
norco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I don't need 7 seats, but as you probably know you can only get the 150bhp with the 5 seater and only in lower spec.
I asked about the Karoq and was told that they are not expected until next year.
My favourite at the moment is the XC60 but it does seem expensive, but then again so does a nearly 40k Skoda.
You can get 5 or 7 seat now on higher spec factory orders, apparently they haven't updated the website yet - loads of people moaned to Skoda. It knocks about £700 off (or it's £1k to add them on the 5 seat models!) Our preferred choice was the 190 SEL 5 seat. Later built SEL cars now have a 9.2in uprated screen so you may see the slightly smaller one in the demo.
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 21:34   #12
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
You can get 5 or 7 seat now on higher spec factory orders, apparently they haven't updated the website yet - loads of people moaned to Skoda. It knocks about £700 off (or it's £1k to add them on the 5 seat models!) Our preferred choice was the 190 SEL 5 seat. Later built SEL cars now have a 9.2in uprated screen so you may see the slightly smaller one in the demo.
I was told it has the larger screen with pretty much all the extra kit available including adaptive cruise, interesting to know about the 5 seat version being avaliable with the top spec and hopefully the 190hp engine. I'm a little unsure about the DSG box, have heard some scare stories.
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 23:33   #13
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
I was told it has the larger screen with pretty much all the extra kit available including adaptive cruise, interesting to know about the 5 seat version being avaliable with the top spec and hopefully the 190hp engine. I'm a little unsure about the DSG box, have heard some scare stories.

The DSG box is fine, but a little slow at the first "roll" moment. Very smooth and quick changing though.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 22:28   #14
Crockers
Premier Member

I have a Golf GTI with DSG. It's fantastic box.
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 23:00   #15
wassap

Quote:
Well today I decided to check out the opposition. 1st in line was BMW X3, not very keen on the look inside or out,so a no. Next up Audi Q5 like the look inside and out, but the seats felt like a park bench, another no. Next in line Volkswagen Tiguan 240hp diesel, liked inside and outside, booked test drive next Tuesday at 1500hrs.
Next was a bit of an after thought, Skoda Kodiaq, looked in the showroom at a fairly low 5 seat spec and was very impressed, seats felt comfortable and unbelievable roomy .
Got talking to sales guy and he said they had got a top spec 190hp with all the extras thrown in demo, so have booked a test drive with it on Tuesday @ 1200hrs.
So just to recap XC60 @ 1000, Skoda @ 1200, and the Volkswagen @ 1500.
I didnt rate the Tiguan at all last year, nice on the outside in R line trime, but the inside felt cheap, and the engine was a gruff affair. Quite a pricey car when specced up, certainly didnt have the premium feel of the XC.

I'd rather have the Ateca than the tiguan to be fair, Kodiaq look a fair shout tho, but it would have to be near top spec, otherwise they feel a little grey suitish if that makes sense.
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 23:15   #16
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
I didnt rate the Tiguan at all last year, nice on the outside in R line trime, but the inside felt cheap, and the engine was a gruff affair. Quite a pricey car when specced up, certainly didnt have the premium feel of the XC.

I'd rather have the Ateca than the tiguan to be fair, Kodiaq look a fair shout tho, but it would have to be near top spec, otherwise they feel a little grey suitish if that makes sense.
Thanks for that the Skoda I'm going to test drive is a top of the range, so will be interesting to see what it's like. The Tiguan I think is a SEL with the 240hp diesel engine which is what I'm interested in, the one I sat in in the showroom seemed a bit light weight, the doors felt like they were made of paper.
I'm still leaning towards the new XC60 at the moment, all will be much clearer next Tuesday. (I hope ).
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 23:35   #17
simonjedrake
Premier Member

I can see the beginning of a very long thread along the lines of Ariannes XC60 v BNW v Porsche though at a more acceptable lower price band.
Reckon there are a lot of "watchers" on this thread waiting for your review next week.......!!!
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 06:14   #18
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I can see the beginning of a very long thread along the lines of Ariannes XC60 v BNW v Porsche though at a more acceptable lower price band.
Reckon there are a lot of "watchers" on this thread waiting for your review next week.......!!!
My problem is I'm very impulsive.
I've sort of fell in love with the XC60 and I don't think any thing else is going to match up to it visually at least, but I do have a problem with buying an untried car, but then the mechanics of the XC are fairly well tried and tested by now, but there will be teething problems no doubt.
Someone mentioned that the XC is going into the price bracket of the Porsche and they are right, but servicing costs are in a different league, then you've got to find a dealer close to you, I don't want to be travelling miles away for service repair, I'm also looking for comfort not out right performance, although I do like my BHP hence why I'm looking at the D5 over D4, not totally out ruled the petrol yet though.
I am trying to think this through a lot more than when I ran Peugeot's, more money involved.
But I'm sure you are right about the interest in my up and coming test drives.

Last edited by bobby2000; Jun 16th, 2017 at 06:26.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 12:37   #19
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
I'm going to see the new XC60 tomorrow @1500 hrs.it's the D5 Inscription pro, only one available at the moment, also not a demonstrator.
Will let you know what I think tomorrow.
Got it wrong,it is a demonstration car, but on limited days of the week because it's the only one available.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 15:55   #20
St James

Quote:
I'm a little unsure about the DSG box, have heard some scare stories.
I did 78k in an Octavia vRS diesel over 5 years with no issues whatsoever.
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post: