Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HU-803 CD ERROR message

Views : 22289

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2009, 07:21   #11
Flee

Smile CD Error

I had CD Error on my 2002 S60 where nothing would operate and CD wouldn't eject.

I partially inserted another CD (slightly angled down from normal loading position) until it touched the internal mechanism and pressed eject.

The 'jammed' CD popped out as normal and CD Error disappeared.
Flee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flee For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 19:05   #12
volvomv

Default Hu 850

Well mine's still bust, not sure if the IPOD adapter is the most cost effective solution, may just rip it out and put in a whole new stereo.
volvomv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 12:57   #13
IanS60

Smile HU 803 CD Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittle708 View Post
Ive always used the 'bang the unit with my fist' method. Has worked everytime for me

I did try resetting mine the first time and it didn't work, then i pressed eject and got annoyed when it was just making a noise so banged it. a few seconds later my cd was spat out.
Well, I didn't quite get to that stage, but the unit started displaying the CD Error message during the recent hot spell. Tried various suggestions in this thread. After taking out and replacing the fuse, the CD Error message started alternating with an empty slot message (CD1 TRK). Tried offering up another CD when this happened and the offending stuck CD spat out....
IanS60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 20:04   #14
volvomv

Mine has mechanical issues after a stuck CD which I removed but the top plate won't align with all the cogs and a wire link is floating around in the cd flap entry point. It is a real cheap pile of rubbish when you look inside, not lasted 3 years, my old Peugeot 406 Clarion has been going for 10 years still works fine.
volvomv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:45   #15
dmsims

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildersol View Post
What I did though was remove the fuse for the unit while it was switched on. Then I switched off the ignition and replaced the fuse. After 5 mins switched ignition back on and the unit goes through a CD mechanical reset then worked Ok again
My CD would not allow anything to be loaded (the slot was blocked) but this solution worked for me as well

Thanks
dmsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 21:31   #16
bogart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvomv View Post
Thanks for giving me a different approach to my "CD ERROR" alas still no joy. I even used the reset to 'TRANSPORT' mode sequence recommended by VOLVO. Looks like a remove and disassemble for me :-(
Transport mode sequence
What is this? Ive taken out my HU803 due to disc errors, all it does is whirr at any given opportunity. The gearing at the rear is making this noise. It's turning but doesn't sem to produce any results.

These must be really reliable units. Car registered in November 2002, HU803 I removed has label stating Remanufactured DEC 2002, say it all

Cheers

Last edited by bogart; Sep 8th, 2009 at 21:33.
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 10:23   #17
d.m.c

Default d.m.c.

In my case problem is with thin cds (tesco,and other cheap bull), radio always eat them...
Invested few more quids for a proper verbatims.
d.m.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:12   #18
Tealady

Default radio code

looks like my cd is broken on my 2004s60, tried usual stuff removing fuse and angled cd, so will need to remove unit. Does the radio have a security code cause i cant find it in any documentation? I suspect i have jammed cd's anyone used place in ipswitch and idea on price of repair?
Tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:32   #19
fungus

I changed a battery on a 2004 S60 the radio didn't ask for a code afterwards!
fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 16:33   #20
Chesterman

No radio code required. The units are signatured to the car and therefore cannot be made to work in any other vehicle.
Chesterman is offline   Reply With Quote