Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

8 week old S60 - electrical problem not covered by warranty

Views : 11170

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2019, 21:40   #61
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
I think the bolt is a red herring. I am guessing it is an issue with the main computer. It could even be a simple issue like a loose connector somewhere in the bowels of the car.
As said before, if it is only 8 weeks old, then tell the leasing company to replace it immediately.
Yes - I'm certain it's a loose connector or similar in such a new car. Someone else mentioned they had a similar (but not exact) issue and turned out was a loose connector in the door pillar. Surely you get a multimeter out and check for continuity!!

I don't think the lease company are under any obligation to replace it after 8 weeks. Many lease companies probably won't really care.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 22:00   #62
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
I don't think the lease company are under any obligation to replace it after 8 weeks. Many lease companies probably won't really care.
para phrased from https://www.nationwidevehiclecontrac...-are-my-rights

If the fault persists, and frequent and inconvenient trips to the dealer fails to sort the problem out, then you may want to investigate your consumer rights.

According to the website Consumer Rights Expert, all new cars are covered by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 (which replaced The Sale of Goods Act 1979) and this Act states that all new cars should not only be "as described" and "fit for the purpose for which they were bought", but also "of satisfactory quality".

With most lease vehicles, the finance company is the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle so it is important that you inform them of any faults with the vehicle. Depending on the fault, the finance company may take up the fault direct with the manufacturer in order to speed things up. Either way, it is important that you inform them of any issues you may have with the vehicle during your lease contract.
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 20:26   #63
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Any update OP?
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 22:14   #64
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
Any update OP?
Not much. Volvo UK stated the problem is being dealt with in the capable hands of the dealer with support from Volvo Technical. The dealer say they're working with Volvo Technical to help diagnose.

To be honest, flat out on prep for Black Friday at work that really never get a chance to follow this up. Quite relaxing sitting on the train to/from work this week

Next week I'll get more interested again.....
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 22:31   #65
sammyblackbaron

It sounds like you have a good attitude about this - it's clearly not your fault and they will eventually realise that (frustrating until they do though).

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - nice car and was tempted by the same deal as you got.
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 22:40   #66
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyblackbaron View Post
It sounds like you have a good attitude about this - it's clearly not your fault and they will eventually realise that (frustrating until they do though).

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - nice car and was tempted by the same deal as you got.
Yeah....don't miss it that much really for the moment. Cadge the odd lift home from work - get a good chat on drive home. Get train in - time to chill on the train rather than sitting in jams as train pretty much empty in the morning on my route. Use the wife's car for anything urgent.

It's more interesting using the VOC app, as I can see when they lock/unlock it to do stuff, and also see when they're road testing it to see if fixed (or perhaps the apprentice getting the morning bacon rolls) I also peeped the horn and flashed the lights when I was out for a meal last night to show a friend you could do that, and as far as the app was concerned, it did it Childish I know

Saying that, I've just looked at VOC and they took it out yesterday morning for 11.9 miles for 44 minutes. Hmm....they better fill it up with petrol when I get it back!! They've done 22 miles in it since I handed it over 2 weeks ago! Shocking Haha.

Last edited by soupytwister; Nov 22nd, 2019 at 22:44.
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 22:45   #67
Crumpet

Are any of the dealers involved Mill Volvo?
Crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 22:46   #68
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
Are any of the dealers involved Mill Volvo?
Mill was where I picked it up from when new. Why?
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 15:23   #69
Bigyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Get train in - time to chill on the train rather than sitting in jams as train pretty much empty in the morning on my route.
It doesn’t sound like you use the Glasgow-Edinburgh main line

Did you inform Santander? I signed my Santander finance documents last week and read through the T&C’s and it states that they should be informed if there are any issues i.e. breakdown or accidents.
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 15:48   #70
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyell View Post
It doesn’t sound like you use the Glasgow-Edinburgh main line

Did you inform Santander? I signed my Santander finance documents last week and read through the T&C’s and it states that they should be informed if there are any issues i.e. breakdown or accidents.
Nope - the Edinburgh -> Shotts -> Glasgow central line.

Will go read the Santander T&C's.