Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Warning Lights - Fault?

Views : 267

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 15:52   #1
Hollychocs

Default C70 Warning Lights - Fault?

I have a 2006 C70 Folding Hard Top - Every few weeks I have 'Brake Failure'; ABS, Engine, Power Steering & Transmission service lights come on & I lose power, all dials on dash stop working. As soon as I turn the engine off, the immobiliser comes on. My alarm goes off sometimes too. I can get home by turning mini key on/off 5 times in the door lock.
The next day - the cars is fine again. There is nothing wrong with the brakes etc! We have had codes checked when this occurs & it says all these things have faults/need a service - But they don't
Does anyone have any ideas please?
Hollychocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 22:19   #2
centurion

Maybe loose battery terminal?

Had similar happen to me after id had work done on my car
centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 08:39   #3
FredGraham

Default Warnings

Hi Hollychocs
Can I just clarify, is it warning lights or messages that show up on the dash?
Fred
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 08:50   #4
dcw
VOC Member

As per my response on the older C70 forum...

The CEM on this whole family of cars is just up under the dashboard on the passenger side. A flimsy piece of carpet "protects" it, or rather, doesn't. It can get kicked and knocked about. Also, due to a bonkers piece of Ford design, it has to be lifted out every time the pollen filter is changed - so in theory once a year at least.

Loose connections cause warning lights, error messages, things not to work, work when they shouldn't, etc etc - all at random. Other times, no problems. In other words, just as you describe.

My suggestion (having had the problem myself over time on both a C70 and S40) is to disconnect the battery, then remove the CEM from its bracket. Remove all the connections, give a spray with contact cleaner, and reconnect making sure they are firm. Replace the CEM making sure that all connections remain firmly in place (there are connectors BOTH sides of the CEM).

Reconnect battery and see how things are from there.

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote