Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50

Views : 1218

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2005, 10:34   #1
theoldbuffer

Just collecting my new V50SE 1.8 today, as this is my first Volvo I would welcome any relevant hints or tips for new owners and in particular the V50.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 20:42   #2
anj

Reject it if its the usual standard from Volvo it will be a pile of crap & keep on letting you down costing a fortune. Stick to a reliable mark like Wartburg in future!!

Im serious
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 08:50   #3
theoldbuffer

I did say relevant
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 10:25   #4
Darth Paul

Default RE: V50

We took delivery of a new S40SE in March, and I have to say I'm very impressed so far. Drives well, especially on the motorway, very comfortable to sit in, looks great. Nothing has fallen off yet, and the stereo is great. Only nag is that the centre console buttons are a tad small and when changing into 1st, 3rd or 5th, I sometimes hit the fan/aircon knobs. We were torn between the S40 and V50, but either is a great choice I reckon. Enjoy.
Darth Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 19:23   #5
Engie

I would be interested in what you think of the 1.8 ? And the distributor that you bought it from ?

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 09:48   #6
wincste

Default Re: V50

Also new to Volvo having had an Audi A4 SE 1.8 for the past 6 years. Picked up my brand new Volvo V50 SE 2.4i in December and am very pleased with it. Have had no problems (so far) and would recommend it. As previously posted, they are very comfy with a very smart looking interior. I too would also be interested in hints and tips form existing owners.
wincste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:32   #7
seany
Not So Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
We took delivery of a new S40SE in March, and I have to say I'm very impressed so far. Drives well, especially on the motorway, very comfortable to sit in, looks great. Nothing has fallen off yet, and the stereo is great. Only nag is that the centre console buttons are a tad small and when changing into 1st, 3rd or 5th, I sometimes hit the fan/aircon knobs. We were torn between the S40 and V50, but either is a great choice I reckon. Enjoy.
Sounds like someone has a case of BIG HAND DISEASE

MY buddy in work has had his now (S40 1.8 S) for 6 months and has had no problems with the car at all. In fact, as a Volvo convertee, I think he's smitten.

(Reading the above post ..... Wartburg ... WTF?!?!? )

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.
seany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:33   #8
seany
Not So Senior Member

hmmm ... just noticed when this thread actually started...... I'll get ma coat

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.
seany is offline   Reply With Quote