Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

4x unused 19" six-spoke alloy wheels with 235/55 tyres

Views : 1730

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2017, 15:14   #1
Torshen

Default 4x unused 19" six-spoke alloy wheels with 235/55 tyres

I'm due to collect my new XC90 at the start of June and I'm getting 22" wheels fitted at the dealer prior to pickup. The 22" wheels are an accessory option, which means for some crazy reason I can't trade the original 19" wheels back to the dealer, I have to take both sets.

Since I won't have any use for the 19" wheels and I don't really want to keep them I'll be looking to sell. They'll be as-new, completely unused by me although I guess they will have a few miles on them from the factory / shipping etc. But it really will be the bare minimum mileage.

If it just so happened that the buyer lived along my route home from the dealership (buying from a dealer 200+ miles away from me) or not far out of the way then I might perhaps be willing to deliver if my dates work for the buyer.

Otherwise it would be collection from South London.

Price-wise I have a rough idea what they're worth but open to sensible offers if it means I don't have them sitting around in my garage.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 15:39   #2
Torshen

Update: my dealer is now telling me I might be able to collect on 20th May, as opposed to start of June. Nothing confirmed yet, just adding here in case it makes a difference date-wise to anyone eyeing up my offer of potential delivery, subject to location.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:32   #3
Denedriver

Default Hang on to those 19 inch wheels

Check out the page on wheel and road noise. I would strongly recommend that you keep the original wheels until you have tried the 22 inch ones on a multitude of surfaces. They may look great but be louder than the original 19 inch ones. There are a load of drivers going the other way to you on wheel choice.

All the best with the car.
Denedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:45   #4
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denedriver View Post
Check out the page on wheel and road noise. I would strongly recommend that you keep the original wheels until you have tried the 22 inch ones on a multitude of surfaces. They may look great but be louder than the original 19 inch ones. There are a load of drivers going the other way to you on wheel choice.

All the best with the car.
Have already been following that thread for a couple of months, very few people with 22" wheels seem to be complaining, plus it seems like the issue is a lot better these days, plus in all honesty I don't really care much about road noise and I do care a lot about the aesthetics of having large wheels, enough that I'd happily put up with road noise and a harsher ride to have the grin on my face when I look at the car.

So the offer stands. In reality I suspect it'll be a non-issue as it's unlikely anyone will bite in time for it to work with my pickup dates, and even if they did there's only a small-to-medium chance that person would live along my route for me to deliver. So most likely I'll be taking the wheels home and putting them on eBay so will have a few weeks to think about it anyway, although I already know I'm keeping the 22's, no question.
Old May 19th, 2017, 15:56   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torshen View Post
I'm due to collect my new XC90 at the start of June and I'm getting 22" wheels fitted at the dealer prior to pickup. The 22" wheels are an accessory option, which means for some crazy reason I can't trade the original 19" wheels back to the dealer, I have to take both sets.

Since I won't have any use for the 19" wheels and I don't really want to keep them I'll be looking to sell. They'll be as-new, completely unused by me although I guess they will have a few miles on them from the factory / shipping etc. But it really will be the bare minimum mileage.

If it just so happened that the buyer lived along my route home from the dealership (buying from a dealer 200+ miles away from me) or not far out of the way then I might perhaps be willing to deliver if my dates work for the buyer.

Otherwise it would be collection from South London.

Price-wise I have a rough idea what they're worth but open to sensible offers if it means I don't have them sitting around in my garage.
You do not state which wheels they are, you might get more response if you say what type they are, and which tyres are fitted on them, 10 spoke silver etc, etc. (a photo even better )Where is your dealer please.

Last edited by nu11eaf; May 19th, 2017 at 16:00.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 23:20   #6
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
You do not state which wheels they are, you might get more response if you say what type they are, and which tyres are fitted on them, 10 spoke silver etc, etc. (a photo even better )Where is your dealer please.
Car now collected so delivery offer expired

They're the six-spoke standard 19" (MY18) wheels with whatever the standard 235/55 R19 tyres are that come from the factory on MY18s. Will take a pic at some point.

Unfortunately due to the delivery error with my 22s these now will have about 400 miles on them at the point of me selling them.
Old May 21st, 2017, 23:25   #7
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torshen View Post
They're the six-spoke standard 19" (MY18) wheels with whatever the standard 235/55 R19 tyres are that come from the factory on MY18s.
To avoid confusion post up the unique Volvo part number which is stamped on the inside of each wheel.
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 23:54   #8
Torshen

Now on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Barely-...oAAOSw1WJZMyoI