Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'68 2 door amazon project

Views : 2317

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2015, 21:09   #11
jamie
amazon1954

I know you describe the car above but what stage have you got to at present please?
Jamie
The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 21:19   #12
Gordon Hunter
Ex 1800 Register Keeper

Hi Jamie, the car is approx 5 days off going to the paint shop. it is a rolling shell with the rear axle and hubs in and all metal panels fitted. It needs the panel gaps adjusting and some light filler work. I aimed to get the metalwork correct to within 1mm but some areas needed a little more. If time allows, I plan the fit the engine, box and front hubs so it can be more easily moved. I will be able to post more photos the weekend after next as I am in Scotland and the car is in Leicester but was hoping that people would be able to view / collect it if they want on the weekend when I'm down (Sat 21st - Sun 22nd).

Regards,

Gordon
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 21:25   #13
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Good luck with this Gordon.... Someone will be getting a great car. Nearly finished building my big bore B20 from the bits bought from you back in August so that's gone to a good home. Good luck with the teaching too... Speaking as a teacher I know that's not the easy option
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonjulian For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 22:31   #14
omc 47
VOC Member

This is indeed an emotional story and no doubt many will both recognise and empathise with you over this decision.
The pictures and story indicate how thorough and detailed the work has been, and to be in persuit of such perfection only comes when one is dedicated to a project that will end in ownership of a perfect classic to admire and enjoy.
And your dilemma and sadness...... believe me comes through in your words.

I'm sure everyone wishes you well and I hope one day you will accomplish your dream.
It's a great pity that this project could not be mothballed as you have put so much into it, but then I'm sure you have thought of every possible way forward.....................good luck in Scotland.

Andy
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 08:09   #15
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hunter View Post
Hi Jamie, the car is approx 5 days off going to the paint shop. it is a rolling shell with the rear axle and hubs in and all metal panels fitted. It needs the panel gaps adjusting and some light filler work. I aimed to get the metalwork correct to within 1mm but some areas needed a little more. If time allows, I plan the fit the engine, box and front hubs so it can be more easily moved. I will be able to post more photos the weekend after next as I am in Scotland and the car is in Leicester but was hoping that people would be able to view / collect it if they want on the weekend when I'm down (Sat 21st - Sun 22nd).

Regards,

Gordon
Good luck with the sale. Some will snap up a good rust free car, that's the best thing you can get in an old classic in the UK.

Where in bonnie Scotland are you?
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 21:02   #16
Gordon Hunter
Ex 1800 Register Keeper

Hi Mitch,

I'm in Milton of Campsie. Apparently there's a bloke nearby into classic minis and I think there used to be an estate a couple of villages up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon Hunter For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2015, 22:18   #17
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi Mitch,

I'm in Milton of Campsie. Apparently there's a bloke nearby into classic minis and I think there used to be an estate a couple of villages up.
Will we get to meet you at some of the Scottish meets?
Old Nov 14th, 2015, 11:12   #18
Gordon Hunter
Ex 1800 Register Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Will we get to meet you at some of the Scottish meets?
I'd love to get involved, but don't know if I will have any classic Volvo's left soon. I think I will be keeping my V90 (960) Sadly, my 1800 will be going up for sale shortly.
Old Nov 14th, 2015, 22:46   #19
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
I'd love to get involved, but don't know if I will have any classic Volvo's left soon. I think I will be keeping my V90 (960) Sadly, my 1800 will be going up for sale shortly.
They don't need to be classics Gordon or necessarily Volvo but ideally Volvo. Just bring yourself along. It's a tragedy you are having to leave that car behind after all your efforts and wonderful work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2015, 13:49   #20
Gordon Hunter
Ex 1800 Register Keeper

This car really will make an ideal Christmas present for someone :-) As the season of good will is approaching I will consider taking £3,250 for it!
Closed Thread