Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Best All-Season SUV tyre

Views : 39859

Replies : 174

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Best All season suv tyre
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All season 50 24.75%
michelin cross climate 78 38.61%
Goodyear vector 4 season 12 5.94%
nokian weatherproof 37 18.32%
other 25 12.38%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 18th, 2016, 23:52   #11
norco

Had GY4S on XC60 for 2 years in October. Done around 20k plenty of tread on back, front might need a change in another 5k. No complaints driven in snow and 43 deg, not the same time obviously, new G2 version is better rated in wet and better in snow in one test l read. Pricey though. Will put either same or nokians on next as CC don't seem available and not sure they are as long lasting looking at the ones on my other car .
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 22:56   #12
Pandamedic
Master Member

I've got the Nokians. Can't complain and have served me pretty well so far. Done about 14k miles on and still over 6mm tread left. They have been on tarmac, gravel, mud, grass, a beach and a bit of snow and so far can't fault them. Yet to try them out in several inches of snow yet mind.
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 11:30   #13
NigelDay
Premier Member

+1 for Nokian Weatherproof.
The other two which get good reviews are Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 and the Michelin CrossClimate. The Michelins are, I think, more 'summer' designed but with winter capabilities (and they do have the snowflake symbol).
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 20:01   #14
Considered1
Premier Member

Red face

Chalked up 30,000 miles on the Nokian's before I sold the car, offered to replace the fronts if they were near the limit but still ok, rears we're at 6mm I believe.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 22:33   #15
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Chalked up 30,000 miles on the Nokian's before I sold the car, offered to replace the fronts if they were near the limit but still ok, rears we're at 6mm I believe.
My wear pattern is the same as this. Very impressed.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 00:58   #16
Ima Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGecko View Post
If any!! Might just go for a summer touring tyre!!! Choices choices...

Or goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather ...
I had these on a jeep - no problems at all going up a 1 in 6 hill with 4inches of snow.
Ima Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 19:30   #17
RichardXC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
My daughter fitted Michelin Cross Climates last year and swears by them, says they transformed her car.

Roy
I 'll second her opinion on that one although it hasn't been cold enough yet to assess their winter capabilities yet.
Old Sep 28th, 2017, 12:13   #18
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Well, I was heading towards sorting my tyre-mess out with some Nokian weatherproofs.....but having read the latest AutoExpress winter tyre test, I see the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen-2 looked good....very good: technically 4th overall against all the winter ones, and better in some areas than the overall winner..

.....& it so happens Costco have a deal on Goodyears this month, so I have ordered a set in. I suspect they will be pretty similar to the Nokian's, but guess time will tell

Expect a pair of barely worn Pirelli's (235/65R17) to come on sale in the next week or so.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2017, 18:52   #19
MikeIOW
Premier Member

aaaand Costco get told by Goodyear the delivery date is mid-November!
Doh!

Hmmm.....
Old Oct 5th, 2017, 20:16   #20
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
aaaand Costco get told by Goodyear the delivery date is mid-November!
Doh!

Hmmm.....
I'm sure you will be OK until mid-November in Leicester !
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post: