Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1984 360 gle

Views : 3149

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 16:15   #1
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Default 1984 360 gle

116k miles in daily use so will increase.

B19A low compression solex carburettor engine. I think the crank seal on the front has gone as it leaves oil everywhere it goes and is coming from behind the timing cover but I haven't had time to sort it out.

Recent items:

Rear wheel cylinders
Oil
Oil filter
Air filter
Oil in dash pot
Windscreen wipers
Coolant flushed

Alternator is dud but I have a 100amp alternator from a 760 that might fit. Currently has the 55amp one from my other 360 on it so that will be removed when sold.

Front valence is very rusty, rear arches have rust but are okay, sills have a few patches but I have seen worse pass an MOT (my other 360 did!) Rust in boot and a patch by the strut tower. A patch on the metal strip below the lights and a previous owner painted the grille black which is flaking off to reveal the chrome underneath which is fine. My tutor did has apprenticeship for Volvo and he said he saw worse condition ones in the 90's.

It has a 5 speed manual which changes gear very smoothly (this is my 3rd 360 and the best gearbox out of all of them), no need to go in to 2nd or 1st to get reverse it goes straight in.

Brake pedal is spongy, the rear wheel cylinders are new as they were leaking, new fluid... brake pedal goes spongy again. Checked the connections at the master cylinder and they were a bit loose as it has recently had a new master cylinder so if I get a chance I will bleed it again to see if the loose connections were the cause of the problem. The brakes work they just don't bite until the pedal is quite far down.

It was ziebarted and undersealed at some point but it would need redoing.

The interior is in very good condition and only has a few problems like a missing door handle surround on the rear left handle and loose cloth on drivers seat which is also creaky.

I have done over 2.5k miles in this in 3 months but I just need something a bit more modern for the amount of miles I do.

I paid more than £650 for it and I have spent about £100 on it but I want it to go to a restorer.

It currently has an extra gauge panel with voltmeter and oil pressure gauge these will be removed along with the sender. I will want an extra £175 to sell these with the car as I know what these are worth, try find another complete gauge panel, gauges and senders.

It has MOT until May 25th 2017 so could be used until it runs out but ideally it would be a rolling project or full blown restoration if you wanted. As it is a carburettor engine I would have fitted twin 45 webers if I were to keep it.

Located in Worcestershire if you want photos send me an email or number for WhatsApp as I hate photobucket and the forum doesn't like my phone for uploading photos.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 20:47   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Forgot to say the previous owner replaced the spark plugs and HT leads a couple days before I bought it.
Old Jan 28th, 2017, 10:32   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Photos can be found here

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/Be...s%20360?page=1
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 20:52   #4
360beast
Go redblock or go home

The centre console and gauges have sold so just the car to go now.
Old Apr 26th, 2017, 21:59   #5
Roderick Plinge

Is your car still available, how much do you want for it, and whereabouts are you in the UK?
Many thanks.
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2017, 23:10   #6
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Still available.

£650 in Worcester.
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 07:59   #7
360beast
Go redblock or go home