Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Annoying HUD issue

Views : 681

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2017, 15:49   #1
sraper

Default Annoying HUD issue

I have mentioned this to the dealer but every now and again when I get in the car I find it has forgotten my HUD vertical setting. I have to go through the options to bring the display back into view.

Seems to happen most often if i unlock the car by the remote and then open any other door except the drivers door first.

Also seems to happen if I use the keyless entry system and again open the car by any door that is not the drivers door.
sraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 22:27   #2
Driver Dave

Wink

This is a topic that has been discussed at length in the general section of this forum. I suggest you repost it there - you will get many more suggestions on how to overcome your problem.
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 11:25   #3
sraper

Thanks did have a look on general but didn't see anything!!!
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 11:59   #4
cassell
Member since 1988

Here you are: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271070

I started that thread when having exactly the same problem as you, the thread contains a couple of other links, it seems that lots of others had the same issue.

I reset my profile as suggested, and touch wood, the problem hasn't re-occurred for ages now, I'm told by my local dealer that it is a known problem and that a software fix will arrive at some time!

Hope this helps?
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 12:37   #5
sraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Here you are: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271070

I started that thread when having exactly the same problem as you, the thread contains a couple of other links, it seems that lots of others had the same issue.

I reset my profile as suggested, and touch wood, the problem hasn't re-occurred for ages now, I'm told by my local dealer that it is a known problem and that a software fix will arrive at some time!

Hope this helps?
Thanks had been browsing the forum on my phone and was unable to open the search function!!!!

Would agree with comments about the boot locking system.

However my profile is locked and was still moving!

Was in for some work last week and had all the latest s/w updates so will have to see how it goes!