Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stalk Lights

Views : 652

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2017, 20:10   #1
Bob Macrae

Default Stalk Lights

On my new XC90 T8 I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be any illumination of the headlight and indicator stalks. Is there something wrong with them or is this how they are supposed to be?

It would seem that the one place you would need illumination would be on the light switch!
Bob Macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2017, 19:22   #2
Jack21
2017 XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Macrae View Post
On my new XC90 T8 I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be any illumination of the headlight and indicator stalks. Is there something wrong with them or is this how they are supposed to be?

It would seem that the one place you would need illumination would be on the light switch!
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing on my 2017 XC90 Momentum D5 AWD. What a stupid and annoying oversight. On several occasions now I've had to turn on the overhead lights to see the god-da**med position of the light stalk. Grrrrr.
Jack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2017, 20:10   #3
pagan8c
Master Member

I just leave it on auto so don't need to look.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 23:22   #4
Bob Macrae

Well, I'd like to leave it on 'Active Main Beam' but just like some of the other features on the car (e.g. 'Pure') it refuses to remember the setting.
Bob Macrae is offline   Reply With Quote