Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2.5T M66 FWD Quaife installations

Views : 2074

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 13th, 2017, 04:17   #1
edwardsuen
2008 V50 T5 Rdesign

Default 2.5T M66 FWD Quaife installations

Hi all,
I have got the Quaife QDF13J for installing to my 2008 FWD Manual V50 2.5T RDesign, the transmission is a M66
Before the installations, there are quite a few things I need to gather before I am pulling the engine away form my car :

1. The clutch slave cylinder not returning when shifting at high RPM (super slow shifting which is not clever at all, had search forums that these is a features to protect the Dual Mass Flywheel as well as the gearbox?

2. In order to solve problem #1, I have options to install a Single Mass Flywheel (SMF) so that I may ditch the vacuum hose to the slave cylinder?

3. Is there a aftermarket slave cylinder that will perform better than the Original (OEM) ones? such as no need for the vacuum holding the pedal down !

4. Since the transmission is out, the clutch need to be changed no matter is worn or not, put in a new one will extend the service life and save some trouble in the future from needing to replace the clutch again in a very short time? if yes? than, OEM clutch plate or stage 1 clutch plate? what is best for M66?

5. Any books? or online manual that will have step by step on teaching me how to break the M66 apart without damaging anything?

6. Any sycho, or small parts that I will need to change while I am in there?

7. The nuts that hold the differential need to be changed also? Is these nuts good only for torque once only? If yes, where to buy these bolts?

8. Anyone could chime in to let me know the torque spec. of each nuts and bolts inside the transmission?

Seems like a lot of questions, but is worth well prepared before breaking the car apart, now the car have done around 46000 miles, shifting beautifully.
Therefore, do not want the upgrade ruin any of it.

Thanks in advance for your comments and help~

Last edited by edwardsuen; Apr 13th, 2017 at 04:20.
edwardsuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 13:16   #2
wise old monkey
Premier Member

if your clutch pedal is not returning up then the slave cylinder is busted, mine was doing this, after a while it started slipping and when it was opened up, the dmf was buggered and the slave was leaking, which is why the pedal was not returning properly
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 23:13   #3
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

a few extra £ and you could have had an LSD that actually works, like a WaveTrac or a Gripper.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
DunkinBiskits is offline   Reply With Quote