Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 "connected car"

Views : 788

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 15:24   #1
Xplorer1

Default New XC60 "connected car"

Hi all. Newby's first post. I'm just getting familiar with my new XC60, and am trying to figure out the benefits of the various interweb connectivity options. I've got bluetooth web access working via my mobile phone (Spotify works a treat), and I'm wondering what additional benefit I'd gain from getting a dedicated data SIM and using the car's built-in "modem" instead. Anyone with firm ideas or understanding out there?

Thanks
Xplorer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 19:43   #2
Roosterb

On my MY17 XC90 I found weird behaviour where it wouldn't reconnect either to Bluetooth internet or hotspot on my phone after leaving the car a while. For the latter had to restart phone, and for Bluetooth had to reset internet option on car. In the end I got bored with it and got one of the preloaded 12Gb SIMs from mymemory. Works perfectly.

Last edited by Roosterb; Sep 9th, 2017 at 19:45.
Roosterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 22:36   #3
cassell
Member since 1988

Exactly as Roosterb said, on my MY2017 V90 I installed an 02 5gb data sim and everything works brilliantly.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote