Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Questions about V90 TPMS

Views : 641

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 02:44   #1
axl886

Exclamation Questions about V90 TPMS

Hi all. Looking to score a V90 T6 RD deal shortly.

In my country, the car is specced with the 19" (5-Spoke Matt Black Diamond Cut) as stock, instead of the gorgeous 20" shown at launch.

Couple of qns here:

1) If I go aftermarket, eg. BBS 20" CH-R, is there any way to easily transfer the TPMS sensors to the BBS?

2) Since I'm upsizing the wheels, would a visit to the dealer for calibration be needed? For that matter, would it void my warranty?

3) Any idea if the stock 19" config would fit S60/V60 cars? For re-sale purposes...

Thanks for reading, cheers!
axl886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2017, 18:48   #2
Paul burns

Default V90 tpms

Hi, I may be wrong and I would be corrected but I believe the wheel size has no bearing on the TPMS as it monitors and compairs wheel speeds via ABS thus detecting any loss of pressure in any wheel and so speed differences due to reduced rolling circumference.
Paul burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2017, 19:23   #3
Rooster
Speed freak

It really depends on what the car has to how much it matters if the wheel size is changed,

ie self parking aid and if the new to standard wheels are any wider and stand a chance of catching the wheel archs on lock,

The SPA platform cars work off the ABS but also have sensors behind the valves in wheels, but been rubber valves with sensors rather than metal screw in ones there not that easy to change without breaking them,
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 05:22   #4
axl886

Thanks for the info folks. Have ordered the CH-Rs, verdict will be out soon.
axl886 is offline   Reply With Quote