Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 door locks

Views : 1363

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 08:59   #1
bigbadbob
car nut

Default XC60 door locks

morning was just reading some threads on the forum and read newbie with XC90 Inscription and noted looking behind to see car and that the mirrors had folded to check if its locked. I do that with mine, however be warned it may not be the case. I only noticed that it wasn't locking in the first frost off the year last week, pressed the key fob driver door was frozen solid (or so I thought) button was up mirrors out. Closed the lock via key fob Door wasn't frozen the lock had failed.
On investigation the drivers door was open when locked, mirrors parked.
I believe this had been going on for a while as my alarm had been going off when parked (notification on dash).

Spoke with local Volvo service guy, known problem change the lock £197 later I changed it myself with phone help from Volvo service ( If anyone wants to change one get in touch and I'll talk you through it its not easy but it will save you hundreds of pounds)

So back to the topic of the thread I will always check the doors now on locking the car as the mirrors parking doesn't mean its locked.
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 15:34   #2
NeilCadman

I'd be interested to know how you got the inner door panel off to get at the lock as I can't work that one out?
NeilCadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2019, 13:20   #3
Mxmas

Hi
didi you ever figure the way to get the inner panel off as i am struggaling
Mxmas is offline   Reply With Quote