Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135464

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 17th, 2018, 22:47   #431
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ridge Rider View Post
Not a happy owner.
Only had this XC60 2013 R Design 8 weeks, 50k on the clock, i have had five trips back to garage to get "Engine Service" light sorted, fault clearing and two sensors fitted? and still it comes on, booked into Dealership, 10:00 booking, 3 and a quarter hours later they had not even looked at it, re-booked it for the next week, 10:30 booked slot, see if they can sort it out, and to think i part exchanged my Jeep Cherokee Sport for this trouble some heap.
One redeeming factor for this XC60,
It pulls our caravan better than the Jeep.
Better MPG.
Cheaper road TAX.
Comfy Seats.
Better Sound System.
More cargo room to chuck crap in.
Which dealer is this ?
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 23:03   #432
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Which dealer is this ?
Holdens in Norwich, booked in for 10:30 last thursday, guess what, another 3 hour wait, but they looked at it this time, turned out it's EGR Valve, Injector seal and a manifold gasket, and the good news is i am not paying.
Now waiting for the work to be done.
The Ridge Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 00:49   #433
iandoot

Had my XC60 for 4 years now. Had two EGR fixes over that time and both times it took weeks of driving round with the turtle symbol and reduced performance before it got sorted. Air con packed up earlier this summer and it took three trips to dealer to get it sorted, the compressor needed replacing. The first set of tyre pressure monitoring valves lasted no more than a year and cost £40 each to replace. Just been in for 72k service and has now come back with a judder. Parking sensors go off when they feel like it. Original dealer in Blackburn, Doves, was probably the worst dealership I have ever come across for customer service and I still remain to be convinced that my current dealer is much better. Not had a great 4 years but still strangely like my XC60 but can’t see me opting for a new model when I change next year.
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 10:03   #434
edmoss

Just bought a 2016 XC60 D4 with 62000 miles from Volvo, 1 owner, looks like some poor person has spent most of the past 2 years on the motorway.
Had a V60 D5 for 4 years which was faultless, if a bit cramped for space in the back.
After a couple of days I had a problem with reduced engine performance (didn't affect driving) which has now been sorted as a blocked pipe, after 2 trips to the dealer. First try they did a software update which was released after I bought the car and cleaned the O2 sensor which didn't cure it.
Happy so far, doesn't feel too big and we've more room behind the drivers seat for passengers, I'm 6ft and the V60 was always a struggle for my children.
What I am amazed by is the MPG, I had a manual 2009 V50 drive s/s, managed to get 51mpg out of it, v60 D5 geartronic around 42mpg, the XC60 geartronic is currently doing 49.5mpg, for a lot heavier car that is some going.

Really wanted a hybrid this time, but at the moment, Volvo don't have a second hand one in my price range, the only alternative I could find was the Outlander which was a bit 90's and cost of running it on petrol was a bit eyewatering.

The new Volvo range looks very good, in 5-7 years when I'll change it, looks like I'll have a choice of V60, XC40 or XC60.
edmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 21:29   #435
KeithR56

I'm very happy with my XC60. I've owned quite a few Volvos since the 1980s (740 SE, 940 CD, S60 SE Lux, V60 SE Lux). I always buy used, high spec variants with low mileage and tend to keep them for 4 to 5 years. I've tried other marques, but always come back to Volvo. I've had the XC60 for 7 months now with no major problems to report.

The only minor niggle is the heated rear window: If the rear window is misted over in the morning, it takes a long time for it to clear. It does clear eventually, but very slowly (around 12 minutes). All of my past Volvos have been very quick to clear the windows.

I didn't really want another diesel, but I couldn't find a petrol XC60 with the spec I wanted, and the hybrids were way outside my price range. However, I find the D4 (2.0) engine and 8 speed auto transmission to be much quieter and more refined than the D5 engine I had in my V60. It's remarkably quiet when cruising at motorway speeds. I also prefer the ride of the XC60 on 19 inch wheels as opposed to the low profile tyres on 20 inch rims.
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 21:07   #436
Cardinal Biggles

Default Delighted..... but

I'm very happy with my XC60. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever had - and that includes several Mercedes. It's the SE Lux D5, is very lively and is soooo well thought out.

The minor niggles: I had an electrical fault with Central Locking at 18 months old. I'm not used to having cars requiring warranty work these days.

It's a very jiggly ride at low speeds. Potholes and speed bumps are a pain.

The steering is a bit vague and without "feel"

Otherwise, it's pretty damn near perfect. The technology is great. I love those bendy headlights, memory seats, reversing camera, and a sat nav that works well, even on POI. The voice command lets me sneer contemptuously at the fiddly console buttons, and the PTY on the DAB radio stops me from finding crap on the radio.

Im so pleased with it I'm considering a V40 for my wife.

No, as a gift, not a swap.
Cardinal Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 21:20   #437
Cardinal Biggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecais View Post
You can get rid of it by pushing a reset button in the bottom of the mirror. Use a pencil or unbent paper clip. I did mine on day one.
There's a compass in the mirror!?

I've had this 2 years and I'm still finding new stuff on it.

I only found out I had keyless go six months ago!
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 21:30   #438
Cardinal Biggles

Smile Sat Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambsmith View Post
22,000 miles up on my 2009 XC60 D5.

All good apart from:

Headlamp washer pump had to be replaced as it was corroded and ceased working - sorted under warranty with only one vist to the dealer.

Buzzy noise on start up from engine particularly after a damp/wet night. Goes after about 20 seconds from engine start up. Annoyingly this only started after the first service at 18,000 miles. Sounds like a belt catching or slipping on something - weird. Can't be bothered going to the dealer as it will need an overnight stay in the wet to demonstrate the issue.

I even think the SatNav is fine despite comments to the negative on here.

Slight annoyance is the behaviour of the locks on the doors - can never fathom when they are supposed to all unlock when getting out but hey ho.
I agree about the Sat Nav. It's miles better than the one they put in Mercedes. When I asked my CLS for a coffee bar near the car when I was in the Midlands, it came back with Belgrade, Milan and Florence..... and it was £250-£400 for a database upgrade. No, the sat nave is just fine, thanks.
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 23:34   #439
Cardinal Biggles

Default Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ridge Rider View Post
Holdens in Norwich, booked in for 10:30 last thursday, guess what, another 3 hour wait, but they looked at it this time, turned out it's EGR Valve, Injector seal and a manifold gasket, and the good news is i am not paying.
Now waiting for the work to be done.
The Volvo Dealer network is much more variable than I'd like. It's better than the Vauxhall network - but then, that's really not saying much.

My local Volvo dealer in Ipswich gave me such a bad purchasing experience that I actually went to Colchester for a more professional dealership. And ordered from Lookers down there.

Happily, the Ipswich service is bloody marvellous. Every bit as good as I was getting from Mercedes. I really recommend them.

If you get fed up with Norwich, try Ipswich. It's an hour away, but then how many trips/hours without a car was Norwich?
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 18:44   #440
Simmy
Premier Member

read the owners hand book
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote