Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 d5 twin engine

Views : 10868

Replies : 95

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2016, 22:38   #91
frankychops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame5 View Post
The question is would it benefit with some tuning with the diesel engine? I thought yours had been breathed on, but it doesn't sound like it??? Reason I ask is that my old Alfa is supposedly doing 55mpg and the only reason it does that is because it has been greatly tuned. I have to believe that the Polestar tune would improve the mpg... maybe you need to up the state of tune to stage II ?? Or maybe the other tuner we were discussing earlier in the thread. Of course the byproduct of this would be another 50bhp, but you'd need less revs to get the same speed on the motorway and thus better mpg. That's why it is important to have the most powerful engine you can get so you don't need to rev it too much :-)
I'd use exactly the same amount of revs on the motorway for the same speed.

The other owner on the thread has a polestar map, he's getting exactly the same mpg. Which is exactly the same as the d6.
frankychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 17:49   #92
ih8modem

Default been in the shop

Sadly I had to return my baby to the shop for some TLC as my driver's door was slightly out of alignment. As a precaution they decided to replace the seals after aligning the door as the concern was that the seal had bedded into an offset position, allowing some air intrusion at motorway speeds. Rather than waiting to see if it would fix itself, they replaced it. Great service as always from Volvo.

I have her back now, and hope to get her into a long run within the next few days. Had to do the long trip to Bristol we had planned in a loaner XC60 D4 manual. Bit too large for my liking, but she drove very nicely. Had to re-learn how to use a manual gearbox though

The XC60 returned 44MPG at a near-constant 75MPH over a 260 mile trip. That was not bad at all.
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 19:10   #93
ih8modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankychops View Post
I'd use exactly the same amount of revs on the motorway for the same speed.

The other owner on the thread has a polestar map, he's getting exactly the same mpg. Which is exactly the same as the d6.
My average MPG is now sitting at 51.9 - thats a good mix of being charged and motorway driving. She has a total of 319 miles on the clock and is 1/2 through her first tank of fuel.

When you tickle the pedal a little too much she roars and swallows at around 17MPG
Old Oct 11th, 2016, 12:22   #94
frankychops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8modem View Post
My average MPG is now sitting at 51.9 - thats a good mix of being charged and motorway driving. She has a total of 319 miles on the clock and is 1/2 through her first tank of fuel.

When you tickle the pedal a little too much she roars and swallows at around 17MPG
shows how much you've been charging!

I've not charged once at home. I'm not sure if it actually makes any economic sense? Based on 15p/kwh?

I had another 500mile trip yesterday, no charging, 43mpg. not a bad way of only paying 7% bik tax My mpg since ownership is sitting at 44.6 over 2672 miles in a month, as of this morning.
frankychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 20:23   #95
soldana

Smile

I ordered mine in mid August and was told to expect mid December delivery. Just got an email today to say it has arrived, and I can collect from 1st November ... Yay!
soldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 23:38   #96
ih8modem

Default Charging

I have now done 727 miles in my first month of ownership, and my MPG is at 65.6. I only commute 14-16 miles per day (depends on time of day I change my route) and that commute is done almost entirely on battery power. On the way home there is a hill that pure mode just cannot cope with and I am forced to consume a smidgen of diesel every day.

My tarriff is 9p per KWh and she charges on average for 2.5 hours per day. Thats enough to keep her topped up. I'm looking at commuting for around 60p per day. To be honest, I have not noticed the extra charge on my electric bill, which I am watching like a hawk. In fairness I just switched every single light bulb in the house to LED as well. Overall over the past month though, we have used less electricity that the same period last year. (House has Gas CH).

So overall, how do I find the car? I love it. We have only taken her on one long run (kept her in save mode to force Diesel only usage) where I averaged 41MPG and honestly I need to do a lot more on diesel alone so that she can loosen herself up. We will plan some longer journeys soon enough .
She is VERY comfortable and such a pleasure to drive. I love pre-conditioning. I love that the car has it's own fuel heater and you can warm it up remotely via the app. I love that I can watch my wife's driving when she takes it out for a shopping trip .

It's been everything I wanted, and more.