Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Maps on line up and running

Views : 11009

Replies : 110

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2014, 11:25   #11
Flux
Premier Member

Think that's a question for your dealer (good luck) although not sure why you wouldn't be able to use a USB stick to update.

I also noticed the windows-based update only and given that they're going down the Apple route for future technology, it does seem rather strange that they don't offer both versions.

Can't update my NAV yet as I don't have a 32GB memory stick and will have to buy one. Not sure if I might wait for dealer to do it as I'm always a little worried about bu**ering something up and will see how wimorrison gets on with his first!
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:37   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Well chaps, update done - 16.7Gb of data downloaded copied to memory card and stuck a USB card reader into the car - I have lots of 64Gb CF cards lying about for the photography

The car recognised the upgrade immediately, told me it would take 1hr 20mins so I left it to get on with its things and 1hr 20mins later it was finished (just left car in yard with ignition on).

Was I expecting something fantastic, was I expecting new functionality, was I expecting all the glitches and niggles to be fixed - was I hoping that this was the May update - of course I was, but then reality told me that this is Volvo and everything remains exactly the same on the Van, but the map database is updated - other than that the Nav is identical.

I will try the Internety bits later, not enough signal here to make a connection, but I don't hold out a lot of hope that there will have been any changes there

Sorry to appear negative, but I was hoping for so much and received so little.
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:16   #13
Flux
Premier Member

Thanks, was half expecting that there wouldn't be much change. Guess all the other 'rich functionality' updates has to be done by dealer and that this bit was just to add a few new routes on Nav.

Have ordered my 32gb card so when it arrives I will have a go as well, given that you haven't had any problems........

Wouldn't it be nice if these updates would automatically appear in 'send to car' and you press 'yes' to update - like most other bits of technology......simples.
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:28   #14
tem
Premier Member

What?
No speed limits with the update?

Thank you for giving it a go, but unless you can find something positive with this download, I think that I will give it a miss.

Anyway, my first issue is to connect to the internt and registar the car.
Tried once yesterday and failed.

tem.
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:33   #15
Flux
Premier Member

So you've got yours finally? Where was the fanfare? Bit of what is known as a 'soft launch' for you. Hope all is well and the wait worthwhile only that's probably for another post.

Regarding the registering to myvolvo. I tried several times and it didn't work. Finally did it but only knew it had happened when I turned on my PC and go an email message saying it was done. Keep trying and once done, you can send destinations to the car. You won't actually know it has worked when setting up in the car as it's the email confirmation that actually advises you.

Last edited by Flux; May 16th, 2014 at 12:36.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2014, 13:59   #16
AndyN

Can anyone confirm what map version they have on the car and what map version they are downloading.

Car - 31421052 AA
Download - 31396961

I'm assuming for me it will not update when I try inserting the USB into the car
AndyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 15:51   #17
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

@andyn - why won't it update for you? This is the first update therefore no one has it and you should update also
Old May 16th, 2014, 16:33   #18
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I can confirm that there are no updates or changes to the internet based functions

VCC have stated that the WiFi will onle be available on MY15 cars, not sure why and no explanation offred yet.

I have also mailed them about why in the summary page for the new apps is states from Week 46, yet the detail for the apps states MY15 only - again waiting for a reply.

the only thing that appears consistent here is the inconsistency of the Volvo literature
Old May 16th, 2014, 19:37   #19
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Can anyone confirm what map version they have on the car and what map version they are downloading.

Car - 31421052 AA
Download - 31396961

I'm assuming for me it will not update when I try inserting the USB into the car
We'll I tried it. Sadly the update did not detect that I had a more upto date version and it just continued with the update. I now have an older map version
AndyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 20:11   #20
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
We'll I tried it. Sadly the update did not detect that I had a more upto date version and it just continued with the update. I now have an older map version
AFAIK there has not been any update before the one released yesterday therefore the question must be how did you manage to have a version that is newer than the latest release?