Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39041

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:03   #101
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Another way of thining about this would be...

if you were to park a car at a long term carpark and a close friend who needed car went to pick it up after carpark was informed of his pending arrival by owner of car but was told that it is the responsibilty of the owner of the car to collect it and "we" willl release it to them but leaving friend without a car for months would that be ok?.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:11   #102
Ross9
Master Member

It matters not one jot who collects the parts Bobcat, if Ashok wishes to have someone pick them up instead of him, what difference does this make?

You have already said yourself the parts aren't ready anyway, so why would it be a different matter if Ashok arrived to collect them instead of someone else?

I love your references to acceptable time scales, 1/3 of a year is acceptable to check 8 engine numbers on 8 T4 bottom ends? It should take 1/3 of an hour.

Your now trying to make the request seam unreasonable instead of using the "expect it free of charge" card, once it became apparent that payment HAD been offered for location, packaging etc of the parts, in other words your dancing around the questions more than those idiots on telly on a saturday that my mum likes.

SW has a customers property, a good, well paying customer who spent a lot of money, they agreed to keep this, they did not ask for any storage nor indicate that it would be of any hassle to do so. They have then failed to return some of these parts on request (it makes no difference who collects the parts so let that one go) despite 4 months having passed, and also apparently lost some of it, namely the crank which is a tad vital to the bottom end, which you have still not mentioned once despite it appearing to have vanished from the block never to be seen again.

You have then tried to tarnish the character of the customer himself, either by your own hand or as a representative of SW auto's, thankfully he has much more integrity and has gained far more respect than yourself, and no-one bought into your comments. This is quite frankly not just appaling customer service, but quite a terrible way to convey yourself.

Incidently, Jacq asked the garage for her pistons, rods, turbo, manifold, intercooler last month, these are smaller items, that were scattered in a couple of different boxes in both the store room and pile of engine and ancilliary parts, these were ready in a box for us to collect when I went in 2 days later, they had been in the box since the afternoon we asked for them. They are also very busy, have been building all sorts, including the RB's from standard rebuilds to 700bhp rwd monsters for many years, as well as some differnet stuff like a 250 bhp off road Rav4, 300+ bhp 1.4 mini turbo one of the mechanics owns etc, yet despite being busy with these higher end projects no mention of storage, cost, packaging at all, they just chatted and handed them back. We would not have minded a cost for locating these items, by all accounts it took the apprentice about 30-45mins to get them all, but none was asked for.

I'm not saying Stuart has no right to ask for cash for the time to locate these items, anything else should have been clarified at the time of them being left as regards storage etc but we've covered that already. But the difference in service from what we recieved, and what you are saying is acceptable, is jaw dropping and I think we are all seeing the same tone, it basically looks like stalling because someone has done something with the block, or probably more accurately the crank that's "vanished" and now time is needed to remedy this. I do hope this is paranoia and will state that it's just my own thought on the matter but the fact with this percieved situation ongoing, and you preferring to stall and avoid answerign questions, rather than doing somethign about it, speaks volumes IMO.

Ross

Last edited by Ross9; Nov 21st, 2007 at 17:14.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:17   #103
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
Well, maybe in your business thats totally ok.

cheers
if i saw someone rummaging thru my bargains they would probably get a clump
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:24   #104
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Hello Iain,

what about:

4) they havent got round to finding it (through lack of time,not a top priority).

Do you not think it resonable that if sw's are expected to spend their time looking for the bits, the same can not be said of the person whom left them there.

that sounds a fair assumption to me, however suprisingly on to me!!
I'm sorry Bobcat.

If it was 2 weeks and someone was complaining... then fair enough, that would be possibly inconsiderate of the poster... 4 months however is stretching it beyond belief, let alone the bile you've posted on the subject.

You clearly think it's not reasonable that as a price was quoted for the time to Tim originally, and Stuarts time was clearly covered then it's perfectly reasonable for the parts to be "found" and delivered? I do however, and so do many many others.

Let's face it, Stuarts place isn't that big that "finding" parts is an issue in my opinion.... Asking for someone else to pick it up is perfectly reasonable in my eyes, after all it's pyapps property and is his to do with as he so chooses. If he chooses to pay a bill for finding the parts, and then send his own courier to collect them, thats HIS choice... its HIS property, not yours and if it still is unresolved I'd be calling the experts in resolving and investigating theft of property, because it's sounding more and more like it!

I reiterate,in clear plain english because you clearly need it spelling out to you - the easiest way to have resolved this issue would for a quick post saying, your engine/parts are here, the bill is (for example) £120 and it's ready for XYZ to collect from Monday.

Instead you insist on carrying on down the same track of misinformation, ignoring questions, and repeating the same old tired excuses.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but based on all the excuses,lies, obfuscation and general bad attitude and lack of any goodwill on your behalf (you clearly posting on behalf of stuart) then you are no better than the now infamous guys over at VT in my eyes.

It's not like pyapp is a "small spending" tightwad customer of Stuarts.... I heard how much the engine rebuild cost, let alone the other surrounding stuff.

Id' be inclined to believe myself now that something is clearly amiss and you've managed to magic the engine into the ether.....

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showpost...1&postcount=18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al115@vpcuk
Trying to get my T4 to run more than 100bhp at the moment LOL Maybe next week!

However, it's EASILY RESOLVED.......

Quote:
your engine is here, the bill is (for example) £120 and it's ready for XYZ to collect from Monday.
Not that hard is it....

honestly, you'd think it was like digging for gold.

{Edit} Absolutely SPOT ON Ross

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:33   #105
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:

Could this be the ever elusive engine?
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:40   #106
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Driver View Post

lets hope so.....
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:43   #107
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Hello again Matt,

So just to be sure I’ve got this right, you’re stating that its OK for me to make the 3 hour journey each way, to come in person to collect the block, but not for someone closer to you to collect it on my behalf? Can you explain the logic for that? Or do you want me to be physically present for other reasons?

Next, you’ve mentioned the issue (or lack of) with the alloy wheels; so how come it was OK for Iain Collinson to collect those on my behalf and there was no problem with “storage” or collection, but its such a different story with the block (let alone the fact that I left them there because Stuart said he had a potential buyer at the time)?

When I spoke to Stuart, he mentioned that you had “health and safety round” and they wanted the engine blocks to be taken up to the loft. I have contacted the Health and Safety Executive, through my workplace, and explained your insistence that I search for the block and other associated parts myself. They have expressed some concerns and recommended that I speak to the HSE office which conducted the recent visit which Stuart referred to, for their advice. Apparently, this could have been either carried out by staff from East Grinstead or Ashford so can you confirm how recent the visit was, it will help me identify the office which conducted it?

Finally, can you confirm that my block (serial no 2188467), crank web, crankshaft and sump are actually still on the premises and have not been sold off or “sent off for balancing”? Afterall there isn't much point in me coming down if they're not there.

Oh, and before you ask me to call Stuart to discuss these matters, I have tried; this morning he “was busy” and this afternoon, he was “not around”. Since you represent the company and have spoken and discussed my previous comments with him, I’m sure you can seek clarification on the issues I’ve now raised.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998

Last edited by pyaap; Nov 21st, 2007 at 18:01.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:44   #108
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Driver View Post
Quote:

I have asked Alastair that directly and he has confirmed that no parts from the block in question have been used in his car.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 17:50   #109
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap View Post
I have asked Alastair that directly and he has confirmed that no parts from the block in question have been used in his car.
That's fair enough then, and I apologise for the link

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work

Last edited by s60ben; Nov 21st, 2007 at 17:52.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 18:42   #110
PNuT
MaDMaN

i reckon the engine is in this