Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39039

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:18   #41
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
Used to hold SW Auto in high regard if ever I needed any internal engine work done based on Pyaap's recommendation.

However now after reading Bobcat's posts here, I personally rather stay clear. I would not want to part cash and time with any organisation that turns out to be rather petty.

Granted no business runs or freebies but if one is being professional then there can be no assumptions as to storage charge or charity. Everything will be clear beforehand.

cheers
I'm not convinced Stuart is even aware that Bobcat (who would appear to be the self appointed spokesman for Stuart when he feels like it)

Pyapp clearly had a constructive chat with Stuart... and Bobcat's view doesn't seem to fit with that chat.....

Like I say, bobcat is doing Stuart no favours IMHO

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:23   #42
JD.7
VOC Member

as i said bobcat is the spokes person for SW Autos on here.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:29   #43
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD.7 View Post
Then I think maybe Stuart needs to change representatives because I'll certainly not be visiting SW Auto's following Bobcat's postings.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:29   #44
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Maybe, but I think Ben may have a point. When I spoke to Stuart yesterday, he said he had no idea what was going on / being posted on the VOC and he didn't agree with some of the stuff Matt had posted.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998

Last edited by pyaap; Nov 20th, 2007 at 20:41.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:34   #45
JD.7
VOC Member

stuart told me himself that bobcat was his represntitave on here and acted as his spokes person.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:40   #46
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
stuart told me himself that bobcat was his represntitave on here and acted as his spokes person.
In that case, I'm well and truly confused

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:42   #47
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster View Post
Then I think maybe Stuart needs to change representatives because I'll certainly not be visiting SW Auto's following Bobcat's postings.
After this i am certain your not alone Nunchukhammy
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:44   #48
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

My understanding of this thread.

Ashok has a block down at SW.

Ashok offered it to Tim.

SW are busy and haven't time to locate it.

Ashok started this thread to ask for a volunteer to go and find and collect his property.

So have I got it right so far?

I think I have, so I will continue.

By sending someone to get his block and deliver it to MRG, he isn't distracting SW from their heavy work load, and saving Tim the courier costs.

Where is the problem?

Why the personal attack on Ashok?

Ashok you have the patience of a saint because if it was me, I would have been down there dancing on some skulls by now.

In fact, given the aspersions that have been cast, I would go and look myself and if it's not there report the theft to the police.

I'm furious having read this.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 20:52   #49
spangoolies
Better Than Premier!

Quote:
as said before, he's not doing a very good job if he is. like ashok posted earlier, the main thing is that the parts are found and given to tim if they still exist. bobcat would be smart to stop complaining and pull a few strings if he wants to reclaim any lost customers as a result from his previous posts

Last edited by spangoolies; Nov 20th, 2007 at 20:54.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 21:01   #50
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
My understanding of this thread.

Ashok has a block down at SW.

Ashok offered it to Tim.

SW are busy and haven't time to locate it.

Ashok started this thread to ask for a volunteer to go and find and collect his property.

So have I got it right so far?

I think I have, so I will continue.

By sending someone to get his block and deliver it to MRG, he isn't distracting SW from their heavy work load, and saving Tim the courier costs.

Where is the problem?

Why the personal attack on Ashok?

Ashok you have the patience of a saint because if it was me, I would have been down there dancing on some skulls by now.

In fact, given the aspersions that have been cast, I would go and look myself and if it's not there report the theft to the police.

I'm furious having read this.

Well I would certainly agree with your precis of events as they're pretty much the facts as they stand from my point of view; the only "slight" modification is I asked if someone could collect it as I understood that is what Stuart was requesting.

I understand your sentiments but lets not jump the gun just yet. From my conversation with Stuart yesterday (it was quite short because I was on the road and my phone battery went dead in the middle of it), he asked me to send him the engine number, which I did, and I can only presume and hope he will be locating the various components in the next few days (he did actually say he would try to do that tonight if time permitted).

What I certainly don't understand is some of the logic being used in some of the points Matt raised (e.g. storage costs, loss of earnings, wasting their time etc., coupled with lots of factual inaccuracies). If I was to make that many fundamental errors of judgement in my line of training and work, i'd be absolutely "hammered" from "on-high".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
That applies far more to Tim than it does me because he's been the one chasing this for the last 3-4 months, in my absence, and is the one facing the biggest inconvenience.

Last edited by pyaap; Nov 20th, 2007 at 21:06.
Closed Thread