Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY20 T8 Delivery Time

Views : 8265

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2019, 16:31   #21
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Are they making the XC60 in China now, were they always making it there? What about the XC90?
Since last year, XC60 is being built in China.
Initially the plan was to have an European factory for the European demand and a Chinese factory for all the Asian/US demand.
Due to the big orange douche, China is no longer building the XC60 for the US market and that production now is being ensured by the factory in Torslanda, Sweden.
To have XC60 models built in China and sending them over to Europe, having a factory in Sweden, doesn't make a lot of sense due to logistical issues.

With their new US factory in Charleston, they are building the XC60 for the American market (they already build the S60 there).

So the European version of the XC60 will continue to be produced in Sweden. Still due to hard-Brexit, not sure if the UK will get the European manufactured version of the XC60 or the Malaysian/Chinese version due to border control procedures.

Last edited by jonnyu; May 27th, 2019 at 16:46.
jonnyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 09:05   #22
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Since last year, XC60 is being built in China.
Initially the plan was to have an European factory for the European demand and a Chinese factory for all the Asian/US demand.
Due to the big orange douche, China is no longer building the XC60 for the US market and that production now is being ensured by the factory in Torslanda, Sweden.
To have XC60 models built in China and sending them over to Europe, having a factory in Sweden, doesn't make a lot of sense due to logistical issues.

With their new US factory in Charleston, they are building the XC60 for the American market (they already build the S60 there).

So the European version of the XC60 will continue to be produced in Sweden. Still due to hard-Brexit, not sure if the UK will get the European manufactured version of the XC60 or the Malaysian/Chinese version due to border control procedures.
The UK is getting China built XC60 for T8 engines.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 11:43   #23
Automatic Only

Has anyone with an XC60 T8 on order had any change on delivery date?
Mine is due for delivery around the 3rd week in January but I'm always hoping for an improvement.
Its not been easy to get any updates from the dealer etc either.
Automatic Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 15:57   #24
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
Has anyone with an XC60 T8 on order had any change on delivery date?
Mine is due for delivery around the 3rd week in January but I'm always hoping for an improvement.
Its not been easy to get any updates from the dealer etc either.
My Polestar Engineered T8 is still showing as early December, thats no change with delivery time from original order.
I still hope that between now and then, it gets brought forward even a little.
My dealer are very easy to get hold of (Ipswich Volvo) and reply the same day with updates if asked.
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 10:39   #25
MattDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
The UK is getting China built XC60 for T8 engines.
I’ve yet to see any XC60 with a country of origin of China. The only exception is the T4, but that’s a limited edition.

Happy to check further registration numbers but I haven’t seen any evidence of Chinese XC60s in the UK.
MattDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 10:54   #26
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDell View Post
I’ve yet to see any XC60 with a country of origin of China. The only exception is the T4, but that’s a limited edition.

Happy to check further registration numbers but I haven’t seen any evidence of Chinese XC60s in the UK.
It's only fairly recently that they've moved production so you've probably not seen any come through yet.

For the UK market : Models built in China (S90,XC60 T4 FWD & XC60 T8) and America (New S60) - everything else is built in Sweden or Belgium

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Sep 22nd, 2019 at 11:03.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 14:00   #27
Gazzasmith

So was expecting my XC60 T8 lease by the end of the year.....

Just been advised today that we are now looking at February 2020.

Now need to find a car to fill the gap as my current Audi lease is going back in December.
Gazzasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazzasmith For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 14:35   #28
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzasmith View Post
So was expecting my XC60 T8 lease by the end of the year.....

Just been advised today that we are now looking at February 2020.

Now need to find a car to fill the gap as my current Audi lease is going back in December.
So you've just been informed of a 2 month delay? Shoot that doesn't bode well for me - mine is currently due late January.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 15:40   #29
Gazzasmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
So you've just been informed of a 2 month delay? Shoot that doesn't bode well for me - mine is currently due late January.
Yeah, 2 month delay now, was ordered in May and originally advised to expect before Xmas..

When was yours ordered?
Gazzasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 16:05   #30
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzasmith View Post
Yeah, 2 month delay now, was ordered in May and originally advised to expect before Xmas..

When was yours ordered?
OK - mine was about the same time - late May. I was originally told October but the leasing company didn't realise they were made in China.
I've emailed the dealer to ask for an update but they haven't replied yet.
It's seriously getting me down.

Tags
delivery, hybrid, my20, xc60