Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

On call

Views : 1988

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2019, 20:28   #1
Harni

Default On call

I’ve had a 2020 XC60 r design for about a month now and absolutely
Love it but one thing still isn’t clear to me.
Ive been using the remote start on the app a fair bit lately especially in this heat but have noticed, if you just start the car, it doesn’t cool the cabin. I have to start it and use the parking climate after that. If that’s normal then that’s fine but raises the question what’s the point of the remote start?
Harni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 14:05   #2
Snoodini

On my V90, if I use remote start with VOC it will turn on the car and the climate system will operate according to the level that has previously been set. We have used it a few times this summer to keep the car cool at home once we have got home and our daughter has fallen asleep in the back. It worked to keep the interior temperature down just nicely!

When you leave the car, do you have the air conditioning turned off?
Snoodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 15:00   #3
Berkshirebob

It will only cool the car to (I think) 22 degrees regardless of what setting you have it on.
Old Aug 30th, 2019, 21:36   #4
Harni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodini View Post
On my V90, if I use remote start with VOC it will turn on the car and the climate system will operate according to the level that has previously been set. We have used it a few times this summer to keep the car cool at home once we have got home and our daughter has fallen asleep in the back. It worked to keep the interior temperature down just nicely!

When you leave the car, do you have the air conditioning turned off?
No, air con is always on. I like the car cold enough most of the time that a polar bear would be comfortable in the back!
Old Aug 30th, 2019, 21:38   #5
Harni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
It will only cool the car to (I think) 22 degrees regardless of what setting you have it on.
That’s disappointing then. The other day for example it had been sitting in direct sun light when it was 32 degrees out. I had to have the air con on LO for a good 20 minutes just to get comfortable and having the car do that for 10 mins before I got in would have been good!
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 15:54   #6
Quonker

If I switch Parking Climate on via the app when the ambient is really warm the cabin cools really nicely and when we get in there is a lovely blast of really chilled air to welcome us.
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 21:34   #7
steadvex
Master Member

I have an older phev volvo, for me cooling only works for 2 minutes if the car is not plugged in via the app, not sure how it works with remote start.

Just thought i'd let you know as some people think its not working but it is, the heating will run for a lot longer. I can only assume the cooling drains the battery quickly, and it will only do it once until you then start the car
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 20:13   #8
XC90TANK

I haven’t been able to get parking climate to work. I do the remote start and it works but there is no cooling or heating even if left for 15 mins. None of the internal electrics come on. If I try parking climate it fails every time even when remote start is on. All other remote functions such as locking etc all work, any suggestions?
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 20:23   #9
anotherv60
Master Member

I have a MY2020 XC40 and remote start cools the car, if it’s warm outside intact it’s icy cold during summer. Check the settings tab for parking climate and also make sure you have done a ‘long press’ on the auto climate button, to activate while parked/locked.
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 10:51   #10
XC90TANK

Whilst parked/locked the auto climate is greyed out.. the precondition setting in senses is also greyed out most of the time or when it is available it fails with a message saying parking climate failed. Using the app also fails 95% of the time and for the 5% when it says it has started I haven’t noticed anything happening in the car.

I have on one occasion managed to get it working with remote start which on entering the cabin the aircon was working, but it hasn’t happened again..

Am I missing the point as it would be nice to warm the car / cool it prior to use.