Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buyers Beware

Views : 1635

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 17th, 2017, 02:41   #11
sarge2771
New Member
 

Last Online: Aug 17th, 2019 00:41
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: HULL
Default

these still remained logged
AWD System not working
Turbo over boosting
and there where still other problems to sort and at the price he was charging it should of been done as he stated when i purchased there won't be any problems.
he actually swore down he removed the original volvo detachable towbar from the car himself. don't know how because it was the wrong size by 3-4mm too wide and when i asked volvo they asked for part no it was off another car. he was just a conning lying get!!!. i mean how do you do a transmission service without changing the oil
gear angle leaking oil
n/s/f lower bushes perished
detachable towbar doesn't fit
all i will say is he is a conman.
sarge2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 20:26   #12
Aks650
Member
 
Aks650's Avatar
 

Last Online: Feb 23rd, 2019 17:41
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Perth
Default

Far too many dodgy dealers out there!! I get especially annoyed at the ones importing "outstanding" Volvos.. I viewed a couple of V70R's in Scotland, priced around the 10k mark, condition was far from great s dealer wasn't very forthcoming when pressed for further details on the cars! Shop with caution!!
__________________
Adam - 2005 Volvo V70 T5, Geartronic
Aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 11:41   #13
AndrewBrown
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Oct 12th, 2019 23:33
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: the internet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aks650 View Post
Far too many dodgy dealers out there!! I get especially annoyed at the ones importing "outstanding" Volvos.. I viewed a couple of V70R's in Scotland, priced around the 10k mark, condition was far from great s dealer wasn't very forthcoming when pressed for further details on the cars! Shop with caution!!
I totally agree there,

As I have said before I have been lied to by almost every dealer I've purchased a vehicle from ever and also the maintenance workshop people especially,(they don't deserve the title "Service reception" because there was no service at all just Bullsh**) I took the partners car for an MOT and the "service" bloke told me we had "dangerous windscreen wipers" and also screwed us over on a tyre that should have passed the MOT, loads of MOT centres don't know the proper legislation regarding test procedure let alone what should pass or fail. I'm 100% sure they were just making money out of it
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 21:50   #14
richard
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Sep 23rd, 2019 09:02
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: DARLINGTON
Default

Glad you got your money back.
Everyone always wants low miles, fully serviced.
Too easy for dealers to pull the wool over your eyes with a few fake stamps or promises.
That car is way overpriced and you should push the boat out for the newer shape or settle for a cheaper one thats not perfect, (or atleast doesnt pretend to be!)
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 07:51   #15
sarge2771
New Member
 

Last Online: Aug 17th, 2019 00:41
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: HULL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Glad you got your money back.
Everyone always wants low miles, fully serviced.
Too easy for dealers to pull the wool over your eyes with a few fake stamps or promises.
That car is way overpriced and you should push the boat out for the newer shape or settle for a cheaper one thats not perfect, (or atleast doesnt pretend to be!)
yeah agree on price and already started saving for a newer version of xc70 will be this time next year for 1 2or3 years old and half the mileage
sarge2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 19:03   #16
iain cooper
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 16:05
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: argyll and bute
Default

that's why I always buy new

Iain
__________________
MY15 XC60 D4 FWD SE LUX NAV Geartronic
iain cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 22:44   #17
A goforh
New Member
 

Last Online: Sep 22nd, 2019 08:18
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sheffield
Default Birchwood cars

Wow .. this guy spat at me and my children .....just seen this after nearly 3 years .. amazed that when the person who bought the car rang me I offered a full refund as he wasnít happy, he mentioned that he has lost his job and couldnít afford the car which again I offered and gave him a full refund . I did sell the car straight away after as it was a nice car and after he quoted all these things wrong with it I took it once again to my mechanics who confirmed like they did when I bought it from Volvo , the. At was good and they could not find anything wrong with it. This is confirmed by the fact I didnít do anything to it , sold it quite quickly without doing anything !! And the new buyer never complained or told me of any issues in the 6 month warranty period . I have stopped selling cars now due to people like this. Please google real reviews of Birchwood cars ... no idea why this guy was so irate, he shouted at my children as he left . To be honest I was glad to give him his money back as the was just an awful man and Iím sure heís done this to many many people . Why he just didnít ask for his money back straight away without making this all up I donít know as I would have given him his money back without question . Iíve worked in hospitals all my life and treat people like I want to be treated hence why if you google us you will see excellent reviews . As I said at the start this man paid on card so I refunded his card and when he found out it would take 3 days to appear in his account he became violent and irate and actually spat at me and my children.... just an awful awful man .. I can see why he lost his job !,
A goforh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 11:46   #18
john493
Spannering since birth
 

Last Online: Oct 10th, 2019 19:16
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Oxon
Default

It's disappointing to read all this on our forum, which is predominantly populated by
straightforward and honest people looking for help and guidance with their Volvos.

I have no connection whatsoever with those who have posted, but this forum is no place to settle scores of any description.
__________________
ph2 V70 2.4D Sport 6 speed - 2007
R1200GS TE
Honda ST1100A
Audi TT mk1 225 Quattro
john493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 01:11   #19
barrybritcher
Master Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 00:21
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Norwich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A goforh View Post
Wow .. this guy spat at me and my children .....just seen this after nearly 3 years .. amazed that when the person who bought the car rang me I offered a full refund as he wasnít happy, he mentioned that he has lost his job and couldnít afford the car which again I offered and gave him a full refund . I did sell the car straight away after as it was a nice car and after he quoted all these things wrong with it I took it once again to my mechanics who confirmed like they did when I bought it from Volvo , the. At was good and they could not find anything wrong with it. This is confirmed by the fact I didnít do anything to it , sold it quite quickly without doing anything !! And the new buyer never complained or told me of any issues in the 6 month warranty period . I have stopped selling cars now due to people like this. Please google real reviews of Birchwood cars ... no idea why this guy was so irate, he shouted at my children as he left . To be honest I was glad to give him his money back as the was just an awful man and Iím sure heís done this to many many people . Why he just didnít ask for his money back straight away without making this all up I donít know as I would have given him his money back without question . Iíve worked in hospitals all my life and treat people like I want to be treated hence why if you google us you will see excellent reviews . As I said at the start this man paid on card so I refunded his card and when he found out it would take 3 days to appear in his account he became violent and irate and actually spat at me and my children.... just an awful awful man .. I can see why he lost his job !,
lol you dildo, of course there was nothing wrong with the box he paid £210 to have a service on it!!
__________________
2007 Volvo S60 T5 2.4 Geartronic
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:19.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.