Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views : 9701

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2015, 20:00   #21
sasmith

Default info please

Hello Andy

I've just seen your Beware post on here and was just looking for some more information.

My husband is going to look at LTC 785K on Monday with the intent to buy, but now I've seen your post I am a little concerned.

Could you please give me some more information on the vehicle from what you know.

Not really concerned about the said 'rallying' it was supposed to have as we just wanted a clean, well running cheap classic but any other info would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Shirley Smith, tried PMing you but I have only just joined and need 30 posts before I can do that.
sasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2015, 14:47   #22
Billy Smalls
Master Member

In my opinion; if your husband wants a decent useable classic then this is it; however, the £3000 price tag would SUGGEST that the alleged rallye history is bolstering that asking price.

To put it another way; if I wanted a lovely useable classic electric guitar then I'd happily pay £1000. But if someone was trying to sell me the same guitar CLAIMING it was used by Jimi Hendrix and upped the price accordingly, it no longer becomes good value to me. Unless of course I believe the seller on the provinance

In summary; it APPEARS the price is increased because of the rallye history
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 09:43   #23
Steve121
complete member

IT'S BACK!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-VOLVO...item2ee6a4085b
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 09:55   #24
oldschool71

It's worth however much the buyer is happy to pay for it. It has been out of my hands for along time now and there's a number of changes the new owner could have made to increase it's value. Just don't value the car of the what the sales man tells you, buy it on what you see! The car was my beloved daily for over a year and I paid £800 for it as it was a rough usable daily.

.... Gear Shift rattles at 50mph!....
oldschool71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 11:09   #25
hels34

Hi Andy,

I don't think you have called the seller as that would be me and i am female....

Thankyou for the information you have provided however as it would appear i have been mislead on the history when i bought the car at the beginning of may this year.
hels34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 11:23   #26
hels34

Default Volvo 144dl LTC 785K

Hi all, my name is Helen Kirkham and I am new to this forum. I have joined having been made aware of the "warning" about me selling my car using false information.

I bought the car at the beginning of May this year and have obviously been mislead by the previous owner myself as I have simply used the information I was given in my current advert.
I have not blanked out the registration so that anyone looking at the ad is perfectly able to google the history themselves, I also have been replying and providing any information I can from my ownership to anyone who has contacted me by email or phone.

The car is as I have stated in the fact that it has been used by myself as a daily drive and it runs really smoothly with no problems known to myself, the interior is very tidy and the paintwork is great for its age. It does have a few areas which are showing signs of corrosion in a few areas which i have shown in photos to the people who have contacted me to ask about condition.

All I can say about the warning,is that it is a car which I went to view before I bought it myself and I bought it simply on the facts that the car was in a condition i was happy with for the price and the engine started and drove well, the previous MOT's checked out with any works previously done and since the purchase I have not been let down by the car in any way.

I am simply selling as stated due to the fact the original older style 3 point seat belt in the front does not allow a great fit for my baby carseat.

Sorry about all the upset, I will try to add a note on the Ebay advert.

Kind Regards

Helen Kirkham
hels34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 17:23   #27
sabka

Hi I lost my ignition key. anyone can help?
I have the phob to open the car but cannot start it.
Volvo dealer in Gatwick was absolutely useless wanted me t obring the car there . I ffound another company , they would send a mechanic to me which is great but they want 160.00GBP any other ideas?
Thank you!didn't
sabka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 17:37   #28
Dirty Rooster
Premier Member

Welcome Helen.
If I was in the market for such a car then this thread is actually rather helpful and includes contributions from at least two previous owners with tales of decent reliability etc etc.
If the next buyer reads this thread I'm sure they won't be put off.
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 20:00   #29
kolby

So did you buy it from the "Adam" chap on the previous advert on ebay?
I guess it may look a bit suss, as you have used the same pictures and write up as the previous ad, so looks like its the same person advertising under a different ebay user name?
Not that you are but just looks like that if you know what I mean?

car still looks very nice though good luck with the sale.

Dan
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 20:29   #30
alfadave11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hels34 View Post
Hi all, my name is Helen Kirkham and I am new to this forum. I have joined having been made aware of the "warning" about me selling my car using false information.

I bought the car at the beginning of May this year and have obviously been mislead by the previous owner myself as I have simply used the information I was given in my current advert.
I have not blanked out the registration so that anyone looking at the ad is perfectly able to google the history themselves, I also have been replying and providing any information I can from my ownership to anyone who has contacted me by email or phone.

The car is as I have stated in the fact that it has been used by myself as a daily drive and it runs really smoothly with no problems known to myself, the interior is very tidy and the paintwork is great for its age. It does have a few areas which are showing signs of corrosion in a few areas which i have shown in photos to the people who have contacted me to ask about condition.

All I can say about the warning,is that it is a car which I went to view before I bought it myself and I bought it simply on the facts that the car was in a condition i was happy with for the price and the engine started and drove well, the previous MOT's checked out with any works previously done and since the purchase I have not been let down by the car in any way.

I am simply selling as stated due to the fact the original older style 3 point seat belt in the front does not allow a great fit for my baby carseat.

Sorry about all the upset, I will try to add a note on the Ebay advert.

Kind Regards

Helen Kirkham
can you tell this forum why you using same pics as original seller on ebay.....
alfadave11 is offline   Reply With Quote