Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196436

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 19:17   #161
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

UPDATE: Current CK offers

CAR INSURANCE
In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a car insurance quote between now and 28/02/14.

In addition, if you already have one vehicle insured with us, we'll give you an extra discount of £20 when you ask us to quote for another car in your household.

Just a couple of testimonials:

"Chris Knott Insurance - Thanks for the cheapest car insurance quote of my life so far." Sylivian, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Recently moved my Z3 insurance over to CKI. I found them really helpful and as a bonus, I saved nearly (two thirds) on my premium." Neil Robinson, Facebook

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

HOME INSURANCE
A new offer from Chris Knott means that you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate.

All you have to do is ask us for a quote on your home insurance before 28/02/14.

If you have a vehicle insured with us at the time of the quote we'll give you an extra £20 OFF the best quote we can find for you. If you have 2 or more vehicles with us, we'll increase the discount to £50. That's a discount on top of any other savings we can achieve for you!

Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 16:14   #162
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

VOC CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
In return for getting a quote from VOC Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

VOC HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
Ask VOC Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

MULTI-CAR VOC BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE
Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

VOC QUOTELINE: 0800 023 4374

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 02:36   #163
940Graeme
Premier Member

Blimey! What a lot of vitriole on this sticky! OK Some insurers are cheaper, some more expensive, I've no doubt that many of the "you're more expensive" quotes are in comparrison to "first year only" offers from the comparison sites........you wait till renewal!! I found this when for year 1 another on line company was cheaper....but increased by about 300% for the second year, it was then I changed to Chris Knott, and haven't looked back since.

I've got both current road-worthy Volvo's with Chris Knott and have always found them to be competative (about £20 cheaper on the 440 than anything on comparrison sites - same on the S80), but also pleasant and helpful to deal with.

BTW, NO, I don't work for them - and am not connected in anyway, other than being a satisfied customer!

Will speak to you when the 960 is back on the road btw!

Best Regards,
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 940Graeme For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 14:59   #164
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 15:34   #165
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of this car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forum and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 023 4374

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

Old Apr 29th, 2014, 10:14   #166
Foggys940

just a quick question,

im 22 i drive a 340 1.7 will have 1 yncb in aug and im living at a B35 postcode what sort of price would i get quoted...

my current insurance is 1400 with admiral

Cheers Foggy
Foggys940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 10:17   #167
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggys940 View Post
just a quick question,

im 22 i drive a 340 1.7 will have 1 yncb in aug and im living at a B35 postcode what sort of price would i get quoted...

my current insurance is 1400 with admiral

Cheers Foggy
Hi Foggy,

We'd need much more info than that to be able to quote. The best thing is to give us a call nearer to August as you'll need the ncb in order for us to quote.

Thanks for the enquiry.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 23:46   #168
Dean1985
Master Member

Thanks to Martin @ CK for sorting out my insurance for the coming year not only on my car but the mrs also. Very competitive prices and beat all the quotes I had. Thank you!

Dean
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean1985 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 18:51   #169
nickbw898

I have been insured with Volvo Owners for many years. They were once very good, excellent and simple contact and what is more readily accepted my Main Dealers when I needed a courtesy car. Then one year they changed. Their administration was off-hand and everything else seemed third rate too. I have driven since I was seventeen (I am 65 now) I took my first licence in central london and I also trained as an instructor in Wimbledon. I have ten years extensive driving instructor experience in Bath, Bristol, Birmingham, Redditch, Chichester and Bognor Regis. For the last five years of my work for a Midland dealer I drove a Main Board Director and the Company Chairman. The general standard of driving in the course of my years has dived and the insurance market has become a mine field!
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 10:31   #170
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbw898 View Post
I have been insured with Volvo Owners for many years. They were once very good, excellent and simple contact and what is more readily accepted my Main Dealers when I needed a courtesy car. Then one year they changed. Their administration was off-hand and everything else seemed third rate too...
Was this Volvo Owners Insurance (the manufacturer's scheme) or was it VOC Insurance (the club scheme)?