Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sun Blind Auto Closing

Views : 1672

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 12:38   #1
neon
Premier Member

Default Sun Blind Auto Closing

I cannot understand why but very often when I get in the car the sun blind is closed even though it was open when I last left the car in this cold weather. Any ideas?
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 13:38   #2
mdmd

If the car is parked in a hot environmente, the blind closes automatically 15 minutes after switching off.

This behavior can be disabled in the car configuration, if you wish.
mdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmd For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 13:40   #3
Lexman8
Premier Member

Direct sunshine falling on the interior temperature sensor perhaps? The sensor is behind the small grille to the left of the volume control.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 13:52   #4
familymangreg
Premier Member

I've seen this on occasion and haven't been able to pin point the cause. Valid suggestion from lexman8 re. direct sunshine, but its happened to me on the coldest and darkest of days.

I think in my particular case its something to do with VoC and remote unlock/lock/start, but like I say haven't pin pointed the exact set of events which seems to cause it.

Also note that if you hold your finger on one of the door handle lock sensors, or press and hold the lock button on the key for a few seconds, the car with automatically close any open windows, the sunroof and the sun blind.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 14:08   #5
Driver Dave

I have had the blind close several times over the past few weeks when the temperature has been at or below freezing. This has only happened at night with the locked car in a locked garage so no chance of bright light warming the car to trigger the blind.

Last edited by Driver Dave; Jan 17th, 2018 at 14:20.
Driver Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 14:09   #6
neon
Premier Member

Yes it is happening on cold dark days too. It is no big deal, just curious why it would do it. I do have the option ticked for hot weather to auto close.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 16:36   #7
mdmd

Yes, I have seen other reports about the blind closing at "not so much" hot days. Who knows the idea of Volvo about a hot day... I think it is more related to the degree of cabin insolation (I think there are sensors for that), and no so much to the actual temperature.
mdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 16:57   #8
apnicolle

If you hold down the lock button on the remote for longer than normal then the blind will close. And any open windows as well.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 17:15   #9
SpaceBoy42

I have seen recently at night on at least two occasions the blind half closed when I get in. I too have the option ticked for hot weather to auto close and also think it could be VOC related as I use that quite a lot for preconditioning at the moment.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 18:28   #10
neon
Premier Member

It is a good sign though if that it is all I have to complain about apart from the usual road noise and auxiliary heater battery low issue.