Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 - No Sound from Stereo

Views : 4195

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 6th, 2009, 20:36   #1
Draff

Default S40 - No Sound from Stereo

- My car is a 2007 Volvo S40
- Sound system is the 6 X CD system
- I went to the shop tonight
- Volume was turned up reasonably loud when I switched the engine off
- On retuning to the car, I switched the engine on again
- CD started to play but there was no sound;
- All details about the CD were visible
- When turning the volume up/down, the display showed the volume bar
- I can switch to the radio but again, no sound

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?
Draff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 21:26   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

try disconnecting the battery for a while , if still no good a trip to the dealer ...
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 17:59   #3
7050man
Master Member

My 55 plate car has had sound go whilst on the move. I think there was a software patch that fixed this fault, but I may be wrong.

Car was under warrenty at the time and it did happen a couple of years ago and hasn't happened again.

I would expect that later software versions would have been loaded to your car, but you never know, it may have been missed.

Might be worth asking.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 20:39   #4
MavUK

I've had two different issues with these stereos in the last couple of years...

In my car every now and then I'd get in and have no sound. Looked like it was working except... I couldn't switch radio channel (just showed 'preset 10' on the display). If I switched to CD it just said 'Readin disc' or 'ejecting disc' if I clicked the eject button. Volume went up and down, but nothing came from the speakers. After advice from this forum I tried again later in the day and it worked. When it happened in future I had to switch the car off (turning the stereo off with the power button doesn't actually turn the stereo off), lock the door and wait for the dead locks to fire. Once that happned I could get back in and it worked. Was fixed with a software update under warrenty (which also gave me speed related volume ). I have a '05 with the High Power (I think, one down from Dynaudio ) without CD.

Then I had a C70 as a loaner for a week whilst mine was being fixed under warrenty. This worked when I turned it on but almost at the same point every day it went buzz, then did nothing. Even the seatbelt and parking noises didn't work until I turned the car oof, locked etc etc. I reported this when I returned the car, but have no idea what (if) they did to fix the issue. This was a Dynaudio with the 6 pack CD.
MavUK is offline   Reply With Quote