Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service interval

Views : 14442

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 25th, 2019, 13:41   #31
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnwood View Post
For what it’s worth, no issues with my car before the cam belt was changed at the original 144k miles recommended interval.
That is typical ... It would be good it they had given the reason why the interval was reduced , could it be plain marketing?
Old Nov 25th, 2019, 15:48   #32
edmoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
I guess I'll find out in Jan when mines booked in. Would be nice to have an idea beforehand. They SHOULD include it, but I imagine they might not as it wasn't due at that time when the plan was purchased.

I took out the 3 years plan last year, think total cost over the 3 years is around £1100, woudl be great news if it now includes the cambelt change.
My XC60 D4is now on 81000 (66 plate) so next service I'm assuming it'll be due the cambelt. Before it was due after the 3 year contract had ended.

Be interested to see what Volvo say...
edmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edmoss For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 15:44   #33
Craig S

My VEA D4 was serviced at the start of February (104k miles) and I was initially quoted a price including a timing belt change, but when I got there the dealer said it never needed the belt change.

But I presume that as my car is now beyond the recommended 90k miles I will have to prod them to make sure that they include the timing belt change in the next service?

That would be an interesting argument if there ever happened to be another issue a la EGR cooler....... "sorry you never followed the volvo service schedule" - but you changed the service schedule after its service and I only found out about this change via an online forum..... just saying
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 16:04   #34
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
My VEA D4 was serviced at the start of February (104k miles) and I was initially quoted a price including a timing belt change, but when I got there the dealer said it never needed the belt change.

But I presume that as my car is now beyond the recommended 90k miles I will have to prod them to make sure that they include the timing belt change in the next service?

That would be an interesting argument if there ever happened to be another issue a la EGR cooler....... "sorry you never followed the volvo service schedule" - but you changed the service schedule after its service and I only found out about this change via an online forum..... just saying
The change of Interval was published after you took your car in , the next service is fine to have it done .
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 14:59   #35
Doug97

I've been hit by this. Just been quoted £864 by an independent garage. Seems steep to me.
Doug97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 15:23   #36
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug97 View Post
I've been hit by this. Just been quoted £864 by an independent garage. Seems steep to me.
independants are trying to get as near volvo prices( or more ) as they can now , for obvious reasons . try a different dealer ..
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 18:50   #37
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

I'm assuming that the reason they have reduced the interval is as a result of recorded failures. But I don't think I can recall many if anyone on here ever posting about a VEA throwing it's belt?
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 20:08   #38
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
I'm assuming that the reason they have reduced the interval is as a result of recorded failures. But I don't think I can recall many if anyone on here ever posting about a VEA throwing it's belt?
I think it is to do with emergency service vehicles , their interval was reduced to 50000 miles . I have never heard of a belt or tensioner failure on any VEA engine .
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 09:19   #39
Doug97

Now been quoted £600 by Volvo Cars Dundee. I thought independents were supposed to be cheaper lol?
Doug97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug97 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 09:36   #40
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug97 View Post
Now been quoted £600 by Volvo Cars Dundee. I thought independents were supposed to be cheaper lol?
For a service including cambelt change on a VEA engine? That seems a bargain!