Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just test-drove the new C30 in Birmingham

Views : 1618

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2006, 19:28   #1
dooby
Forum Support Team

Default Just test-drove the new C30 in Birmingham

Posted photos in the gallery here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/vbpicg...?do=view&g=433

We were in a 2.0l SE - were offered a 2nd test drive in the T5, but decided not to due to time (sadly).

Enjoy...

Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 19:30   #2
James_N
VOC Member

Are they available to test drive now then? Didnt know that.

i wouldnt mind a blast in the T5, see how it compares to the CTR i once had.

Wouldnt entertain buying a C30 for a while though, its FAR too expensive for what it is. Buy one in 3 years and let someone else take the initial hit.
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 19:38   #3
dooby
Forum Support Team

Some sort of special event, not sure they're yet available for general test drives in dealerships. Worth checking the Volvo website, think it was part of the 'Free Will' tour or something:

Here

HTH, Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 20:00   #4
SteveP
300 Maniac

Tempting, tempting! I'd love to take a drive of the t5/d5, might have to get over there next weekend!

In a recent Auto Express test up against the Audi A4 and Mercedes C class coupe, the C30 won hands down - despite the test car being considerably cheper than the opposition.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 20:18   #5
carl20

Volvo are currently running a test drive event in Birmingham Mailbox - it will be available next weekend as well with the view of letting people get a closer look at the C30.

I was down at the Mailbox in Thursday and got the chance to drive the D5 - it was a cracking a little car, performs, handles and drives extremely well!

I work at Johnsons in Solihull and our first C30 is due in the first week in December! A cosmic white SE Sport with the 2.0D engine. The majority of dealer cars are coming through the first part of January with more numbers coming though about March time.

Carl.
carl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 20:43   #6
roy chu1

It is a hi spec for comforts and technology, I guess they purposefully put a cloth interior in because the leather would wear from it going on many test drives.

But certainly does look interesting. A nice pocket rock with the T5 version.

I will be keeping an eye on the reviews.

Roy
roy chu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 22:58   #7
SteveP
300 Maniac

Work at Johnsons, Solihull? Watch out for a pesky 360 owner asking for obscure parts every now and then... that's my local
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 12:42   #8
akash

car looks good but the back just does not appeal to me
it sort of looks like a megane (is that the one with a big backside?) but squashed a little to make room for a larger window but smaller body

I dont know.... something about the back I dont like. Infact, It looks like my very first honda civic from the back

also why did they move the handbrake near the passenger? In the S60 (and i think s40 too), I had it on drivers side. It is more easier/ergonomic but safer that a passenger has more effort to pull it when near to drivers

Otherwise, it reminds me of the S40 which I loved apart from the continuing issues I had. Now if they had those lights on my S60, I'd love the S60 100% :>